PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do ESPN.com's writers even watch football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well

When there are multiple games on--i believe the mass writers only catch the highlights. If you want in-depth analysis, look to the teams beat writers! Reiss and jackie mac (although i don't think she is a beat writer)are always good for the pats!

primetime said:
Per Jason Whitlock... http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060119

"Urlacher made no big plays. We won't be comparing him to Mike Singletary for a few more years."

Uh, aside from an amazingly athletic interception in which he jumped about 3 feet off the ground, you're completely right.

It doesn't matter if they do watch. Mark Schlereth was on Mike and Mike this morning discussing what a great game Jake Plummer had last week, and how efficient he was and how accurate, and all this stuff. That wasn't the same game I watched. I saw a Denver offense that did jack squat.

Gee, do you think he might be praising Denver b/c that's who he used to play for?

I hope he jumps off a bridge and does the world a favor.

BradyisGod said:
It doesn't matter if they do watch. Mark Schlereth was on Mike and Mike this morning discussing what a great game Jake Plummer had last week, and how efficient he was and how accurate, and all this stuff. That wasn't the same game I watched. I saw a Denver offense that did jack squat.

Gee, do you think he might be praising Denver b/c that's who he used to play for?

I hope he jumps off a bridge and does the world a favor.

I agree... some guys have said that Plummer was unimpressive, mediocre, etc., but I've seen SO many that said that he did a great job, carried his team, clutch, all kinds of praise. It just shows how the media is just used to giving the victor all the spoils... for every good pass Plummer threw he threw 2 more into the turf or the sidelines...

CheerforTom said:
I agree... some guys have said that Plummer was unimpressive, mediocre, etc., but I've seen SO many that said that he did a great job, carried his team, clutch, all kinds of praise. It just shows how the media is just used to giving the victor all the spoils... for every good pass Plummer threw he threw 2 more into the turf or the sidelines...

Plummer was awful. Let's see, for touchdown drives, the Broncos went 1 yard, 1 yard, 15 yards. And the rest of the game they did jack you-know-what. I hope the Steelers can avoid the turnovers on offense in the AFC Championship game, because if they look at what the Pats did, Plummer will be exposed as the mediocre QB he is.

Richter said:
Plummer was awful. Let's see, for touchdown drives, the Broncos went 1 yard, 1 yard, 15 yards. And the rest of the game they did jack you-know-what. I hope the Steelers can avoid the turnovers on offense in the AFC Championship game, because if they look at what the Pats did, Plummer will be exposed as the mediocre QB he is.

Well said. I can't wait. :D

By the way, speaking of former Denver players analyzing the game, who else had a heart attack of pure surprise when Shannon Sharpe picked the Broncos to win this weekend?

Last edited:
Richter said:

This is the reason that I am still p!ssed that we lost. We lost to this sh!tty franchise. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes