PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do Bears have a good shot at Undefeated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Condsider how they are playing right now.
then consider their reamining schedule below.

The only big obstacle are PATs
With a little luck I think can go all the way.

I would like PATs to be the spoilers.

Bills
Cards
49ers
Dolphins
Giants
Jets
Pats
Vikes
Rams
Bucks
Lions
Packers

Startling notion.

But they play the Patriots.

Are you kidding, they should have lost last week. Besides the Pats the Bills and Jets will give them all they want. This just in, the NFC still isn't that good.

JR4 said:
Condsider how they are playing right now.
then consider their reamining schedule below.

The only big obstacle are PATs
With a little luck I think can go all the way.

I would like PATs to be the spoilers.

Bills
Cards
49ers
Dolphins
Giants
Jets
Pats
Vikes
Rams
Bucks
Lions
Packers

It's also 12 more games and 3 months worth of injuries and getting beaten up in general.
I'de say no way.

I don't expect them to go 16-0, but I would like to see some team go undefeated and not have to see the Dolphin champagne toast in the season where they played mostly dogs.

I still think Pats in 2003 were more dominating.

Pats Fanatic said:
Are you kidding, they should have lost last week........

Just curious ... why should they have lost?
You mean they shouldn't have got the 4 TDs they got Why?
You mean they shouldn't have got the 3 FGs they got. Why?

Bills, Giants, Pats, and Vikes are not easy games. I don't see it happening. I see their offense stumbling soon and their defense again being forced to carry the load which will only carry them for so long.

JR4 said:
Just curious ... why should they have lost?
You mean they shouldn't have got the 4 TDs they got Why?
You mean they shouldn't have got the 3 FGs they got. Why?
The original poster probably meant the Chicago Bears versus the Minnesota Vikings.

If the Bears are undefeated when they play the Pats, I think there would be a very good chance for an "upset." Not only will they be playing a good team, but there's the added pressure of being undefeated. It will work to our advantage.

Probably not. Undefeated is extremely difficult to obtain, especially considering teams which have clinched a playoff berth rest their starters late in the season. I'm also a big subscriber to the theory that it's not how you start a season, it's how you finish it. The Bears are playing well now - can they sustain that type of play for 12 more games? That's anyone's guess, but the statistical odds are stacked against them.

amazinPats said:
If the Bears are undefeated when they play the Pats, I think there would be a very good chance for an "upset." Not only will they be playing a good team, but there's the added pressure of being undefeated. It will work to our advantage.

Prior to the New England Patriots, the Chicago Bears play at New York Giants and at New York Jets. I suspect the New York Giants will be playing with a sense of urgency in that game (unless the entire New York Giants team throws Coughlin under the bus).

Last edited:
Absolutely not. All it would take is one freak game like we had in Denver where they turn the ball over 4 times and it lights out for them.>{24 points=d 40 yards of offense for the donkeys}

And besides they are playing us so there is definately no way this will happen.

No. They have Rex Grossman at QB. He will either get hurt or just screw things up in general.

Buffalo is quite capable of knocking them off...

Both beat Minnesota with comparable margins of victory.

TP76 said:
Buffalo is quite capable of knocking them off...

I'll take that bet straight up any day of the week. You can have the Buffalo Bills and I'll take the Chicago Bears.

ATippett56 said:
I'll take that bet straight up any day of the week. You can have the Buffalo Bills and I'll take the Chicago Bears.

Capable... being the key word.

It wouldn't surprise me at all, though. The Bears are coming off a very strong performance over the NFC champs, a little young and overconfident... primed for an upset perhaps?

The Pats may be in a similar situation next week, against a team/defense that Brady has struggled with. Could be another trap game...

Last edited:
Let's not go crazy. Sure, they waxed the Seahawks, but let's not forget that Seattle was missing last seasons MVP of the league.

What is going on? The team has a few good games to start the season and we are talking about them going undefeated. This seems a little silly.

they are playing the almighty dolphins, their Sb favorites.

It'll be interesting to see. Based on the other night, they appear head and shoulders better than everybody else. Grossman was throwing the ball with incredible accuracy. Even his incompletions were near perfect throws.

The Bears are for real. Other than the Patriots, the best teams left on their schedule are the Bills, Jets, and Giants. They'll most likely suffer a hiccup along the way but their schedule definitely is set up nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots