Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do As I Say, Not As I Do

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, May 29, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

What a difference a year makes.

GLENN BECK JUNE 15, 2009 Sarah Palin eviscerated David Letterman, eviscerated him. She took a scalpel and cut his heart out. It was still beating in her hand when he was like, "You know, and another thing about how stupid and slutty you are..." he didn't even see it coming. And the reason why I say she eviscerated it, it's one thing to say, hey, don't make fun of my daughter, which she's completely in the right to do. I mean, where was the when the press started asking Barack Obama and taking pictures and he was like, "Hey, back off. It's my private time with my kids." Nobody invades that. Do you know they are closing down streets now every time his daughters go back in the backyard and play? Do you know that? They close the street. Do I have a problem with that? No. None at all. Leave the children alone. I don't want those kids growing up to be in a zoo where people are watching them or some freak is out there with a camera. And when I say freak, I mean paparazzi or anything.

GLENN BECK 5/29/2010

In his radio show, "The Glenn Program" on Premiere Radio Networks, Beck mocked Malia Obama for asking her father if he'd managed to stop oil from continuing to spill out into the Gulf of Mexico. At a news conference Thursday, the president recounted how his daughter had asked him, "Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?" -- in an effort to illustrate how all Americans are anxious about the BP oil rig that's now become America's worst oil spill in history.

Afterward Beck made fun of the anecdote, imitating Malia in a squeaky voice.

"Daddy? Daddy? Daddy, did you plug the hole yet? Daddy?" he said. Then Beck's co-host Pat Gray responded as if he were the president.

"Honey, not yet... Not time yet, honey. Hasn't done enough damage," Gray said.

Then Beck took his argument a step further, saying the exchange reveals something about Malia's education. The 11-year-old and her 9-year-old sister Sasha go to Sidwell Friends, and exclusive and high-performing academy that's sometimes called "the Harvard of Washington's private schools."

"'Did you plug the hole yet, daddy?' Is that's their -- that's the level of their education, that they're coming to -- they're coming to daddy and saying 'Daddy, did you plug the hole yet?'" Plug the hole!" Beck said on his Friday morning radio show.

Later in the 4-minute segment, Beck turned the routine toward Obama's race. "Why do you hate black people so much?" he said, still imitating Malia in a baby voice.

"I'm part white, honey," Gray responded in the voice of the president.

Glenn Beck Apologizes for Making Fun of Barack Obama's Daughter, Malia - AOL News

Friday's segment ran just two days after another piece on Beck's radio program in which he decried critics of Sarah Palin's family. "Leave people's families alone. I don't think I've ever... We've never done anything but protect families... Leave families alone," he said at the time.

After being called out on his duplicity by "liberal media," Glenn apologized.

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +156 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I heard him mocking obamas daughter who is all of 12 years old (A real tough guy) :rolleyes: the man is a disgusting piece of sh!t, and so aren't the people that listen to him and see nothing wrong.

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  3. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree, it isn't right.