PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do any of your loved ones root for the enemy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, how did the Pats **** the bed by not snapping up Victor Cruz in the draft or as an UDFA ? He played right in their backyard for Pete's sake (UConn). And what a great guy he is too. He woulda been perfect for TB12 and the Pats.
UMass, but agree completely.

hell no, generations of my family grew up in Boston and we all hate NY teams with the fiery hot intensity of 1000 suns.

hell no, generations of my family grew up in Boston and we all hate NY teams with the fiery hot intensity of 1000 suns.
Same here, but there was a time, 50's/60's, when NE was Giants territory. It was before the AFL and shortly after the AFL began. I was too young to have been a Giant fan and really grew up with the Pats. But there were loads of Giant fans here. Many in time converted to the Pats, a few actually still root for both teams when they aren't opponents and quite a few remained loyal to the Giants. It's the latter group that tends to hate the Pats because they displaced the Giants as NE's team.

Last edited:
Do any of your loved ones root for the enemy ?

nope...none still drawing breath anyway...

My girlfriend didn't really follow football until we started dating. More of a basketball fan, and she hates the Lakers, so that was good enough for me. A couple of weeks back, she admitted that she rooted for the Giants in SB42 simply because they were underdogs and it seemed like Brady already 'had everything'.

I told her that it was a good thing I hadn't known that before, because it would have been a deal-breaker. Still trying to get her to watch the Brady 6. Once she does, no way he won't be her favorite player. He's pretty much the ultimate underdog, no matter how it looks now.

Last edited:
My step sister's boyfriend is a Giants fan....yeah, I'm glad we both didn't watch the Super Bowl together :'( I also have a cousin who is a Jets fan and another who is a Dolphins fan.

I live in Jiosey' ovah hea'. Know what I'm talkin bout. Nuttin ta see hea'

:rolleyes:

While I am proud to say that my wife and kids are all hard core Pats fans (and Bs, Cs and Sox) while living in NJ, it's also true that my daughter married a Jets fan. She has confirmed that she will not switch to the Jets but she can't -- for the sake of peace in the home -- dress their kids in Pats clothing, etc.

So I have one loved one -- my son in law -- who roots for the Jets. it kind of sucks but at least he's not a Yankees fan!

One of my best friends is a Giants fan. But in my family there is no one who roots for the enemy (Jest/Squealers/Dolts/Lolphins/Jills/Midgets). Either they are Pats fans or they're not into football at all.

I grew up in Baltimore. My family were big Colt's fans until Irsay took the money and ran to Indy. A few years after that, I moved to New England for work and became a Pats fan despite how bad they were. Went through the Orthwein years and then they started to turn around. Stayed loyal to the Pats despite work moving me to New Jersey and then back to Maryland. I can't root for the Ratbirds. As far as I am concerned Baltimore did the same thing to Cleveland that Indy did to Baltimore. My wife and I get Sunday ticket so we never miss a game. It's a big issue with my mother in law. We get invited somewhere on Sunday, usually when it doesn't interfere with a Ratbirds game. We won't go because the Pats are on, and trust me, none of them are worth us missing the game live and tivoing the game.

Luckily no "crazies" in my family (though my sister claims she is a Cardinals fan - but she cheers for the Patriots). However, I will share this with you: My mom went to the store to buy Patriots merchandise for my Christmas present and she couldn't find anything. The only merchandise the store had was of the Jets and Raiders. Apparently the clerk tried to convince her to buy the Jets stuff and she told him, that she would like to survive Christmas and live a few years longer. :) So she is a fan ... :)

My wife is from Baltimore and is a rabid Ravens fan, as is the rest of her family. Last season's AFCCG was bittersweet, I was thrilled because we won but she was heartbroken at the way they lost and it really hit her hard. I couldn't really celebrate the way I wanted to. I don't give them as much crap when we beat them like they do when we lose to them (the 09 playoff game was torture to sit through!) The one silver lining is we both HATE the Squeelers and she is learning to hate the Jets :)

My father-in-law is a Pats fan, but he is also a chronic complainer whenever anything isn't going perfect. At the beggining of the season it was "they aren't going anywhere with this defense" after the Houston game there was no way they weren't winning the superbowl. Now that they've fallen to the third seed "Peyton looks unstoppable". That's why I call him "fair weather Stan" :D

I am a New Yorker that roots for the Pats, so it will be hard for me to get anyone to follow, but I did get my wife and daughters to root for the Pats.

Hockey is a different story though. I am big Ranger fan, and my daughter is a huge Devil fan, and it got pretty tense between us last season when they played in conference finals. Man I miss hockey! Thank God for the Pats!

Wife is a jets fan, as is her father and brothers.

My father and brother are both diehard giants fans

:help:

When my son was born 13 years ago my father-in-law suggested names including Emmitt, Troy, and Michael. I guess you can figure that one out.

Thankfully his daughter (my wife of 21 years) is pretty much indifferent to sports, which is better than being a Cowboys fan in my book.

not really my dad is a packers fan and brother is a rams fan no problem with either team they'll root for the patriots too.

My father-in-law is a Pats fan, but he is also a chronic complainer whenever anything isn't going perfect. At the beggining of the season it was "they aren't going anywhere with this defense" after the Houston game there was no way they weren't winning the superbowl. Now that they've fallen to the third seed "Peyton looks unstoppable". That's why I call him "fair weather Stan" :D

Your father-in-law is "ILLEGAL CONTACT"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back