PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DL Ron Brace activated off PUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brace

Brace has shown absolutely nothing in a New England Patriots uniform as of yet. Zilch.

The Brace pick ranks up there as one of the worst of the Belichick era--the epitome of BB's questionable "value" drafting philosophy and his poor defensive drafts in general.There was nothing whatsoever to indicate that Brace was anything more than a big body next to Raji that BB thought he could coach up to be an unheralded diamond in the rough find.

I hope Brace emerges as a force on the Dline and proves me 100% wrong.

To declare Brace as one of the worst draft picks of the BB era is to say you are letting your thoughts be ruled by over emotion.
Signed,
Bethel Johnson

Brandon Jacobs has been hot garbage this season. The only time you hear from him this season is when he complains to the press that he isn't getting carries. The Giants fans boo him when he is on the field. It is nine weeks into the season and he has 126 yards, 2 TDs, and 3.0 YPC. The guy hasn't gotten more than 20 yards rushing in a game since week 2 vs a bad Rams defense.

If he is the Pats' defense's biggest test, they should get an A+. I think the only way the Pats defense has to worry about Jacobs is if he brings that "fat ass car" he got last week onto the field.

Indeed...Jacobs is the last guy that scares me on that Giants O. He used to have decent combination of speed and quickness for a guy that big but i think he has lost a step.

Brace is just another guy on the line. Don't expect much from him.

Don't know if Love put on some bulk this year, but i thought he looked more like a penetrating tackle ala Pryor last year, so maybe he can fill that role somewhat.

Anyway, with Deaderick, Brace and a hopefully healing Haynesworth, I'm looking for some serious pocket pushing the last half of the year. I'm an Andre Carter believer and the combination of those factors might help keep the pressure off our secondary for a while.

*crosses fingers*

lulz...you better cross your toes too.

To declare Brace as one of the worst draft picks of the BB era is to say you are letting your thoughts be ruled by over emotion.
Signed,
Bethel Johnson

Bethel was FAR more productive than Chad Jackson

Signed,
Bethel Johnson

Not so fast my friend,

Signed,
Kevin O'Connell

Not so fast my friend,

Signed,
Kevin O'Connell

Both of you guys are just being way too polite. I was a second round pick, drafted one pick ahead of Terrell Thomas who is on IR this season but still has 11 career interceptions, and I coincidentally only played in 11 games for the Pats.

Signed,
Terrence Wheatley

Both of you guys are just being way too polite. I was a second round pick, drafted one pick ahead of Terrell Thomas who is on IR this season but still has 11 career interceptions, and I coincidentally only played in 11 games for the Pats.

Signed,
Terrence Wheatley

pats0415.jpg

lulz...you better cross your toes too.

Execution is what counts, but look at the line we had last year at 14-2, which eventually fell apart with injuries . We're not going to have to move Wilfork all around to get one dominant lineman in there. Physically speaking Haynesworth, Brace, Deaderick, Warren, Love, and Wilfork are serious beef. Andre Carter isn't a project, he's a top pass rusher.

They're still getting acquainted with a new system and each other, but I don't see why everyone is so negative (except being negative is so cool on message boards).

Now people wondering if we have even minimum talent in the secondary is reasonable IMO, but we have added some serious physical force in the line if we use it well and people perform together, at least for this year.

Execution is what counts, but look at the line we had last year at 14-2, which eventually fell apart with injuries . We're not going to have to move Wilfork all around to get one dominant lineman in there. Physically speaking Haynesworth, Brace, Deaderick, Warren, Love, and Wilfork are serious beef. Andre Carter isn't a project, he's a top pass rusher.

They're still getting acquainted with a new system and each other, but I don't see why everyone is so negative (except being negative is so cool on message boards).

Now people wondering if we have even minimum talent in the secondary is reasonable IMO, but we have added some serious physical force in the line if we use it well and people perform together, at least for this year.

This has the potential to turn into a dominant and ridiculously deep DL.

LDE Ellis, Deaderick
DT Wilfork, Hayneswroth, Brace, Love, Warren
RDE Carter, Cunningham, Anderson

If we can start getting pressure out of the sub package DL, which we have not seen yet, we can really dominate the los.

This has the potential to turn into a dominant and ridiculously deep DL.

LDE Ellis, Deaderick
DT Wilfork, Hayneswroth, Brace, Love, Warren
RDE Carter, Cunningham, Anderson

If we can start getting pressure out of the sub package DL, which we have not seen yet, we can really dominate the los.

My thoughts too. Of course potential and 2 bucks gets a coffee at starbucks.

I hope Cunningham is going to school, because he seems totally on the back burner in this defense. Does anyone know if he's progressing?

Do you think or recall Love last year trying to find a role? I got the impression he was more a Pryor type than a stout NT type (which we needed last year with Wilfork moving around). I ask, because i don't know why I remember thinking that and with this new beef, and Pryor and Wright gone, that role is open IMO.

Last edited:

I hope Cunningham is going to school, because he seems totally on the back burner in this defense. Does anyone know if he's progressing?
If we can get someone to get an inside rush (Wilfork, Haynesworth, Brace, Ellis, Deaderick?) in the sub package Carter, C-ham, Anderson and Ninkovich will have a much better chance to get pressure, and the secondary will look a ton better. Giants OL is not exactly stout, so today could be a good chance to get this started.

Do you think or recall Love last year trying to find a role? I got the impression he was more a Pryor type than a stout NT type (which we needed last year with Wilfork moving around). I ask, because i don't know why I remember thinking that and with this new beef, and Pryor and Wright gone, that role is open IMO.
I am not impressed with Love. I'd rather see Brace or even Warren out there.
Ive seen less pass rush skill than run D skill in him as well.

And for those who think Brace was a terrible pick...if he never plays another down, I still think it's a good pick. there simply aren't that many humans around with the size ability combination on the planet. I believe that's a paraphrase from BB about athletic 300 pounders.

You miss in the upper half of the first round, that hurts, but the second round you need to stock up on that type cause you can't afford them in their prime in FA, if they even become available.

Taking a shot on a green Vollmer was a pretty good use of a second too. Everyone acts like that was a no brainer, instead of a head scratcher, which it was, at the time.

I am not impressed with Love. I'd rather see Brace or even Warren out there.
Ive seen less pass rush skill than run D skill in him as well.

OH, I think he's back to the bench, I'm wondering if he indeed can play situationally.

I just recall hoping he could play nose and he seemed to want to penetrate and I'm thinking, we have too many of those kind of guys, lol. Don't recall how good or quick he was, just that he didn't seem to be doing what he should in our defense.

Of course that was last year and I think he's bulked up too.

Last edited:
I hope he does well...particularly after Butler..

Waiting no longer patiently

I hope he does well...particularly after Butler..

Waiting no longer patiently
Butler has nothing to do with Brace.
The point is to win, not brag about draft choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes