PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DL Luis Castillo visits the Patriots (April 4 update: re-signs with San Diego)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castillo was great his first two years in the league. Then the steroids he took his senior year of college to help his elbow heal wore off. How much better than Deaderick is he? Not much if you ask me.

Castillo was great his first two years in the league. Then the steroids he took his senior year of college to help his elbow heal wore off. How much better than Deaderick is he? Not much if you ask me.

:rolleyes:

He took it in 2004. I doubt it'll last all the way until 2006.

And since Deaderick is rounding into a solid player, I take it this is an endorsement of Castillo.

:rolleyes:

He took it in 2004. I doubt it'll last all the way until 2006.

Depending on the type of steroid the effect can last up until 20 months. Way to be ignorant.

Depending on the type of steroid the effect can last up until 20 months. Way to be ignorant.

I could say the exact same thing to you. "Depending on the type of steroid," you say? He tested positive for Andro, and admitted to taking it. It took me two Google hits to find that out. For someone who likes to chide others for not doing research, you should probably make sure to do your own....

And, no. After reading a bit about Andro; I think it's a leap to automatically attribute his success in the NFL in 2006 to taking it in 2004.

nothing is more painful to watch than a QB playing in fear

as for brady averaging 300 per game against the giants, its not out of line with what the rest of the league did last year....besides, look at the motley crew of Qb's who averaged 300 per game against the pats last year. in today's league, those numbers are pedestrian.

yeah......let's pick a WR to blame for brady's safety, which made all the difference in the world when it came down to the end

Stanley Morgan's fault? Ouch, sorry for that. Still hurts to this day:

Brady versus Giants:

5 games

123 completions
191 attempts

1,345 yards

8 TDs and 3 interceptions.

In last 4 years:

4 games

116 completions
180 attempts

1240 yards

7 TDs and 3 interceptions.

Not bad, the guy averages over 300 yards a game against the Giants and throws better than 1 TD for every INT. Completion % is a shade under 67%.

Are you our steroids aficionado?

If so, are steroids the lead cause of fist pumping?

Last edited:

No, douchebaggery is. Which you appear to have a severe case of.

fist pumping, chest bumping, high fiving.....all signs of severe steroid abuse

No, douchebaggery is. Which you appear to have a severe case of.

Sadly, once again, what you've said to someone else applies just as much to you. You should stop being so hostile.

yeah......let's pick a WR to blame for brady's safety, which made all the difference in the world when it came down to the end

Huh????

I was referring to Stanley Morgan dropping a touchdown pass on the first series of the game.

nothing is more painful to watch than a QB playing in fear

Playing in fear in 2007 during the season, he torched them. And won. Lead to a go ahead TD in the SB in the final minutes. Broke the record for pass completions. Not sure you know what playing in fear really means.

Seems like Bill's really targeting the 3-4 DE's. Wonder if he plan's to target the OLB's in the draft. I just don't see how he can blow off drafting a pass rusher again.

I'm sure he'll find a way by drafting 3 OLinemen in the first 2 rounds or something like that. ;)

Huh????

I was referring to Stanley Morgan dropping a touchdown pass on the first series of the game.

like that would have made a difference....they were still up 4-0 at that point.

Castillo had one good season in 2006 and has been living off of that ever since then. The last time he was healthy he basically averaged 1 solo tackle/game.

Seems like Bill's really targeting the 3-4 DE's. Wonder if he plan's to target the OLB's in the draft. I just don't see how he can blow off drafting a pass rusher again.

I'm sure he'll find a way by drafting 3 OLinemen in the first 2 rounds or something like that. ;)

Well we did pick up 6-5, 255 lb Trevor Scott to play OLB. That's a start.

Also, don't rule out Carter's return. There was a lot of talk about Carter not being able to play 3-4 OLB in Washington. Yet, what often gets left out of the conversation was that Brian Orakpo was guy who got treated as the primary rusher in their 3-4 scheme. You cannot rush both OLBs on every down, so Carter was sort of a bad fit. In NE? He'd be that hybrid DE/OLB weakside pass rusher who plays out of a 3-pt stance -- not too far removed from his role in our 4-3.

So, Carter playing the weakside DE/OLB in a 3-pt stance, with Scott (or Nink) playing strong side OLB, re-directing the TE; yeah, that's do-able....assuming we have Vince at NT, and a proven commodity at the other DE spot like Castillo.

But without Castillo at one of the 3-4 DE spots? I really don't think we currently have enough proven 3-4 DE players on this roster. Sure, we can insert guys like Love or Dederick or even try out Fanene. But without a proven commodity, like Castillo; we'd be spread too thin with too little depth on the D-line, imo. If this team were to play 3-4 right now, I'm afraid it would be like what we saw in 09/10 where we don't have the D-line talent and OLB talent to occupy the Gaps on the outside; we'd resort to having to move Wilfork around the line to hide our weaknesses when teams pound away with those off-tackle runs. But, having Castillo line up at DE, next to someone like Carter or Nink, will offer much needed support to the aforementioned OLB that is somewhat of a lesser 3/4 player. On the other side of the line, I'd say that the other DE position (Dederick, or Love) is far less easy to pick on when you've got him in between Wilfork and a sizeable OLB, like Scott, lined up re-directing the TE.

Oh, and in that above 3-4 scheme, not only are we less likely to get picked on against the run (like in 09/10); but I'd think Castillo would allow us to rush the QB in a way that we really won't see with the current 3-4 DE prospects on this team.

Very surprised that nothing has moved here...

Hopefully, the Pats are locked in to taking a DT in the first round (e.g. Fletcher Cox, Devon Still, Jerel Worthy or Kendall Reyes) and the Pats were merely kicking tires on ole' Castillo. I'd welcome Castillo at the right price and with the hope that he could muster an injury free season, but the Pats have invested in Trevor Scott already.

At this point, Castillo may have to wait for calls after the draft to get a job.

Castillo is either (A) not healthy or (B) wanting too much money. I'm sure the Pats will stay in contact if something changes.

Castillo is either (A) not healthy or (B) wanting too much money. I'm sure the Pats will stay in contact if something changes.

I would chalk it up to not healthy. Same as the Carter situation. No point in signing a player when you're not sure when they will see the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back