PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DL Eric Moore Signed; Woods Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the source...

New England Patriots: The Complete Illustrated History
By Christopher Price P. 155

Mike Vrabel was contemplating law school before he got a call in 2001 from Bill Belichick...
Steelers head coach Bill Cowher told Vrabel that while he believed Vrabel would be a starter in the NFL, he wouldn't be a starter with the Steelers. Vrabel has since credited Cowher for his decision not to retire and sign with the Patriots. WIKI

Retrieved from Google Books, but everyone should buy 4 or 5 copies since it is the Christmas season, what better gift for a true Pats fan?

By the way Chris, that second quote is in WIKI, ASK.com and all over the internet, without attribution, only slightly changed from yours, where I assume it's from.
If so, you should contact someone and get proper credit. You still need to cite a paraphrase.

Last edited:
My guess is that if he is active Monday night, he will go in as a run-stopping OLB.

Various online encyclopedia type sites have this quote. I could list ten, but they obviously derive from the same site and i can't find the original source. You say it's not true?

Mike Vrabel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I should have said "considering" rather than going to retire, but until I find a better source I'll consider it a WIKI rumor. Of course you're implying that he never considered retirement so I'm wondering what evidence you have.
My bad, but still, I think he was pretty far away from retiring. It sounds more like frustrated about not getting his chance and considering his options.

My bad, but still, I think he was pretty far away from retiring. It sounds more like frustrated about not getting his chance and considering his options.

I wouldn't trust anything on WIKI anyway, just a coincidence they decided to plagiarize Chris Price. Maybe Borges wrote the article.:D

Seriously though, my point wasn't about retirement, it was that a player who fit our system was stuck in a system where he was going nowhere. Obviously turned out to be a good player for us.

If the guys had 10 sacks a year and is a perfect fit, why would he be on available? This guy is Vrabel/McGinest size, seems to want to play ball since he's hustling in the UFL to keep his dream alive and could just be stuck in the wrong scheme as a 4-3 DE, or injuries or wrong team issues.

Of course I could be wrong, but BB will keep prowling to find another Vrabel type, I'm sure. Getting a big OLB/DE he can groom is so valuable, as we've seen the draft busts and expensive F.A. projects.

Last edited:
Woods was just awarded to Buffalo off waivers. Good for him, he doesn't need to go right back to landscaping.

Woods was just awarded to Buffalo off waivers. Good for him, he doesn't need to go right back to landscaping.

Wonder if he'll have more impact than Merriman ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back