PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DL Brandon Deaderick released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Reiss on this -- Deaderick must have done something wrong we don't know about, whether it's looking terrible in workouts or something more specific.

Wasn't he suspended once for some unspecified rules violation?

Cutting him now gives him a chance to latch on somewhere else ...... or he screwed up in mini-camp?/off-season workouts or we have another DT/DE coming in (Abraham).

OR

Now that BB has finally acted on my e-mails, my mission to get Seymour back is nearly complete. Nearly. Kelly will have to give **** (no not Theon) Seymour back his number.

Okay I agree w/you on the top paragraph, disagree w/the bottom one if you're serious.

And this isn't related to the post itself and no offense or anything but... you know how that "ß" (eszett) character is pronounced, right? :)

Funny, I remember a few posters calling me out for saying Deaderick would likely get cut this year.

Even more funny because he didn't even make it to training camp.

Re: Deaderick released

Okay I agree w/you on the top paragraph, disagree w/the bottom one if you're serious.

And this isn't related to the post itself and no offense or anything but... you know how that "ß" (eszett) character is pronounced, right? :)

Absolutely, LOL :D . I consider it a big B though.

Funny, I remember a few posters calling me out for saying Deaderick would likely get cut this year.

Even more funny because he didn't even make it to training camp.

The AFCCG did him in.

Abraham's twitter page no longer exists, which is new. BB prefers his players to stay off of Twitter. Welcome to New England, John Abraham?

I'm with you. Everyone applauds this because we have 4 DL's ahead of Deaderick. So what?!! Deaderick was competing with Forston for the mythical 5th DT spot, or not. But I would think that we needed depth in case of injury. I don't understand cutting Deaderick until the last cuts.

I agree with this I just assume it must of been BB way of letting Deaderick have a chance at making another roster.

Deaderick has been fine, but he's pretty much reached his ceiling. If you want the team to get better, you need new players out you need old players to improve. Deaderick has solid technique but limited physical gifts, so BB went with his upside players and have him a chance to play elsewhere after doing everything that was asked of him for three years.

They went all of last season with basically 3 DT's. It was dangerously thin. Granted, we frequently used DE's at the DT position (Cunnningham) on passing downs. But we were one injury away from being scr*wed.

Last year we picked up Fanane to sure up the line and provide pass rush. That didn't pan out. Now we have Tommy Kelly. Hopefully they've seen enough of him to give them assurance. We also had Myron Pryor on PUP. He ended the season on IR. I don't even think he played a snap.

We've got four legit DT's (counting Armstead who's an unknown (at least to fans)). Four makes one more than last year. But it's a long way to go before week 1, nevermind the playoffs. Who knows how the injury cards will play out.

Abraham's twitter page no longer exists, which is new. BB prefers his players to stay off of Twitter. Welcome to New England, John Abraham?

Whoa, nice tea-leaf reading!

I can see this one actually panning out. Of course, I can see it not panning out too... but cool dot-connecting either way!

He kept posting things like "I'm so tired of this" "I'm retiring" "Wait, JK I'm not"

His agent probably smartened up and told him to stop being a petulant child and delete it.

The AFCCG did him in.

He was almost cut last year and the year before IIRC they wanted to dump him because of maturity issues but depth made them keep him and he played pretty decent.

Just laughing at the buffoons who thought he was untouchable.

Deaderick leaves, but Dewayne Cherrington remains? This does not compute.

I rooted for him ... however I did noticed he was really gassed his last game ... he looked less that his previous beast mode.

Personal opinion is that this has NOTHING to do with how good Kelly or Armstead have looked in training camp, even thought as a fan I desperately wish this was the case.

Deadrick started 5 games last year, while we still have D-Lineman on the roster that didnt play more than 5 snaps last year. Clearly if this move was about a limitation of spots, BB would have found a worse player to cut.

Also not sure if this move is about allowing Deadrick a chance to catch on with another team. First, he is not a loyal veteran player whose has particularly earned that kind of respect. Second, why would we want another team to get stronger by picking him up.

To me there is s lot about this story we dont know yet.

While it is a bit surprising that that cut him this early, seems to me that the coaching staff simply felt that the young DT/DE 3-4 type players on the roster were either simply better or had more upside...Cherrington, Love, Grissom, Forston and Armstead.

While it is a bit surprising that that cut him this early, seems to me that the coaching staff simply felt that the young DT/DE 3-4 type players on the roster were either simply better or had more upside...Cherrington, Love, Grissom, Forston and Armstead.

Also, there are 19 players on the 90 man roster that have contracts that expire after 2013. If the talent level is almost equal, why not keep the younger player that has a cheaper and longer contract? BB may be
gearing up with younger players for Tom's last five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back