PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DJ Hayden!!

Thanks for the feedbacks guys, but I made a big mistake.

I was wanting to ask about Tavon Wilson, not Tavon Austin, LOL.

Congrats about resigning Vollmer.

As far as Chung is concerned, I thought he played well in 2010 and part of 2011, before his injury.

Profootball Focus gave him top ten grades for all DBs in 2010 and Athlon Sports rated him third best safety in 2011 (also mentioning the injury.)

I understand that his play is not up to par in 2012.

But are PFF and AS wrong about 2010 and 2011?

They are wrong. Chung was a solid player for a while, but never anywhere near the top tier of safeties.

As far as Chung is concerned, I thought he played well in 2010 and part of 2011, before his injury.

Profootball Focus gave him top ten grades for all DBs in 2010 and Athlon Sports rated him third best safety in 2011 (also mentioning the injury.)

PFF/AS are wrong. In 2010, Chung occupied a very downhill role, and flourished in it. However, as further responsibilities were piled onto him (play nickelback after injuries in late 2010, cover more and play deep halves in 2011), he began to struggle big-time. Not only was he bad in coverage but the downhill part of his game (angles, etc.) unraveled as well. Don't close the book on him becoming a starting-caliber safety, but he still needs a lot of work to get there.

PFF is almost always wrong. Their grading is fatally flawed and you shouldn't use them for anything.

Thanks again.

I don't count on either of those sites, but I figured they can't be really far off.

As you guys described it, he was effective in certain role.
His injury hinder his further development.

Was it enough to derail his career? I'm just curious.

Probably but if I had to bet the Jets will stay put and try to fix their pass rush with Lotulelei, Ansah or Jones. All three have flags but that never stops them. In the second they'll replace Keller with Eifert or Ertz. I just think Rex figures he can do more with a pass rusher than Sanchez could with 1989 Jerry Rice and he's probably right.

I hope the Jets pick the wrong passrusher. Like they did with taking Vernon Gholston top 5. Let's just hope they don't get their hands on Ziggy Ansah.

Hayden is a feel good story but I hope his health will hold up. Not sure how I feel about taking such a big risk. If he's available in round 3, I'd say sure. But not so sure about taking that gamble on Day 1 or 2.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back