PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Divisional Round thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
A few thoughts about our first playoff game:

1) I really want the Saturday night game. Night games produce a more energetic crowd. I'd rather the Pats get back to work ASAP after the bye week. Plus we'll have an extra day of rest over our opponent in the AFC title game (who NE will most certainly watch that day). I think CBS will go for it...because Indy night games at home are typically blowouts- right Mr. Polian? ;)

2) Barring a Pittsburgh collapse the next few weeks, this game should be all Pats. Jacksonville, San Diego, Tennessee, Cleveland - none of these teams scare me. No real playoff experience. They may have one dimension that threatens our D, that's all.

3) After tonight I'm not worried about our passing game in the cold. Wind? Maybe.

4) I think any pressure of an undefeated season will be gone in the playoffs. If they go 16-0 then great, but "it's not our goal". Records don't matter in the playoffs. 16-0 or 8-8, in the playoffs it's do or die.

5) Indy will get either Pitt, Jacksonville or SD in all likelihood- teams that can play physical and give them trouble. I think Indy can beat all of these teams but if one of them pulls an upset, all the better for us.

I could go on and on about a potential Pats/Colts AFC title game but we'll wait for it to happen ;)

while it may be a little early for this talk, I don't think the Pats would get the Saturday night slot if everything unfolds with the higher seeds winning.

I think Colts-Steelers would be a greater matchup built for primetime than a Pats-Chargers/Jags matchup.

I will be rooting for it though as I do like the night games.

I was disappointed last year when our playoff games against the Jets and Chargers were not night games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back