PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Divisional Round picks

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Victors in bold.

Saints @ Seahawks Everyone wants to see SF vs Seattle for the NFCC.
Colts @ Patriots Luck and Indy are a nice story but its not your time Andy.

49ers @ Panthers Just not sold on Cam yet.
Chargers @ Broncos I want to choose SD because I have a hunch, but I also want to see Brady vs Manning part 3 for the AFCC.

Last week, 3 home teams lost. This week, 3 home teams win.

Seahawks, pats, panthers and Denver all win tomorrow. I think San Diego can win; but I also think manning will find a nut and win.

Same picks as the OP.

Really hoping SD can pull off the upset.

San Francisco will give Carolina's D problems now that they got Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree both healthy unlike in the first matchup.

1. Saints @ Seahawks: Unless Rob Ryan figured something out that he didn't know last time, this game could be another demolition. That Seahawks defense matches up extremely well with the Saints offense and the Saints defense couldn't figure out how to contain Russell Wilson. They stacked the box and left no help over the top at times, sending almost everyone. That's not the way to play Wilson.

2. Colts @ Patriots: I've posted in depth about this game all over the forum.

3. Chargers @ Broncos: The temperature and wind look to be a factor tomorrow, based on the forecast. Manning's arm strength is not what it used to be. Further, it looks like Matthews is going to play and they've been able to run on the Broncos this season. Defensively, they also match up well and have the ability to limit Welker and Julius Thomas on shorter routes while going man to man with Decker and Demaryius deep.

4. 49ers @ Panthers: Both defenses are excellent. This should be a low scoring, hard hitting game. The Panthers beat them in the bay earlier this season, but the 49ers had a good amount of starters out for that game that they now have back. They take this one and advance to the NFC Championship game in a showdown with the Seahawks in Seattle in what should be a classic.

Saints @ Seahawks

I anticipate Seattle wins by around 10 - 14ish. I don't trust Brees on the road. I also don't believe in the Seahawks as much as everyone else, but there is no denying they are a really good team. I say Seattle pulls away late.

• Seahawks 31
  • Saints 17

Colts @ Patriots

I think the Patriots team's mental toughness (sounding like Tom, I know), the moment (Colts are pretty young with a mediocre defense) and the weather will contribute to the Patriots success over the Colts tonight.

• Patriots 38
  • Colts 24

Chargers @ Broncos

This is so tempting to pick San Diego.... so I will. I wouldn't be shocked either way on this one. I think the weather, health of Matthews/Woody and the immense pressure on Manning to win one will effect him.

• Chargers 30
  • Broncos 27

49ers @ Panthers

I think this game will be low scoring due to the talent on both defenses and injuries to key players (Steve Smith). This game is the hardest for me to predict, but if I had to pick, I'll say 49ers barely.

• 49ers 20
  • Panthers 17

Re: Most Wonderful Time of the Year

New Orleans 24, Seattle 21
New England 45, Indianapolis 20
Carolina 17, San Francisco 14
San Diego 35, Denver 33

Something like that.

Saints, Patriots, Panthers and Chargers.

I really hope the Saints/Seahawks game is competitive to help the time pass till the Pats game or else I might go insane by kickoff.

I keep thinking that SD will down the Broncos.

Final Stats from a poll of the divisional round winners on the front page of PatsFans.com:

12% - Broncos, Seahawks, Panthers
38% - Broncos, Seahawks, 49ers
0% -- Broncos, Saints, Panthers
6% -- Broncos, Saints, 49ers
17% - Chargers, Seahawks, Panthers
17% - Chargers, Seahawks, 49ers
6% -- Chargers, Saints, Panthers
4% -- Chargers, Saints, 49ers

I didn't include the Pats-Colts game in the poll because (a) with options for only 8 answers there wasn't room; (b) since this is a site for fans of the Patriots, we know that response would be rather lopsided; and (c) there is Alamo's Predict The Score, which was 95-7 in favor of the Patriots.

Here are each individual game's tallies:

93% Patriots
7% Colts

56% Broncos
44% Chargers

84% Seahawks
16% Saints

65% Niners
35% Panthers

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes