PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Division Round Playoffs: Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Divisonal round breakdown: Ravens at Broncos

Easy tiger. The Colts had 25 first downs, 419 yards and only their own ineptitude (8 dropped passes) stopped them from getting in the end zone. They also ran off 87 plays. Hardly think the Ravens "owned"
them. Now those same players, who admitted they were gassed have to go to Denverand play against an up tempo offense in that altitude. Not very confident they could contain them.

Owned is a strong word, I'll admit. But holding a good offense to single digits is impressive no matter how you slice it. Baltimore's D has put together a string of good games ever since everyone left them for dead after the Washington game. I don't think they're going to beat Denver because I don't see Flacco turning in another performance like last year's AFCC, but I do see them containing Manning.

I'd love to see Baltimore win, but I see both AFC games as being 3 TD victories for the home teams.

Donks win this one easy. I see the "bad" Joe Flacco showing up in Denver and getting overwhelmed by that pass rush. Ravens D will keep it close for a quarter, but once they fall behind by 2-3 scores it's over just like the last game.

This Ravens team played their best game at home for Ray Lewis. I fully expect a letdown type game.

We can only hope the Ravens knock the Donks around a bit so they are fatigued for the AFCCG.

I will be pulling for the Ravens but have little faith.

ravens are going to get destroyed...31-20 with a late garbage time td by balt

You honestly believe that in 19 degree weather Manning is going to put up 31 points?

Edit: Correction now they are saying a high of 17 degrees tomorrow.

Last edited:

The more I talk about this game, the more I like Baltimore's chances going in there.

Every pats fans wants to believe in baltimore but ough spot for ravens. Short week after playing 87 snaps and 38 mins on the field for the defense and playing at that altitude vs a colts team which isnt that good. Broncos will be running out the clock by end of 3rd.

You honestly believe that in 19 degree weather Manning is going to put up 31 points?

Edit: Correction now they are saying a high of 17 degrees tomorrow.

The hourly forecast on weather.com says the game temps should start at 16 degrees and end at about 10 degrees. Not much wind but relatively high humidity which will enhance the cold.

I've contended that after Goober's neck surgery, his grip strength was affected. His deep throws have been accurate but they have sometimes looked like punts in the air. With him having to grip a frozen brick and deal with cold/heavy air (at least for Denver), I'm interested to see if he is able to attack the Ravens over the top. If he can't, the game could be very interesting with the Ravens defenders pressing up on the shorter routes. Add in that his skill players have butterfingers in the best of conditions and the conditions could play more of a factor than you might think.

The hourly forecast on weather.com says the game temps should start at 16 degrees and end at about 10 degrees. Not much wind but relatively high humidity which will enhance the cold.

I've contended that after Goober's neck surgery, his grip strength was affected. His deep throws have been accurate but they have sometimes looked like punts in the air. With him having to grip a frozen brick and deal with cold/heavy air (at least for Denver), I'm interested to see if he is able to attack the Ravens over the top. If he can't, the game could be very interesting with the Ravens defenders pressing up on the shorter routes. Add in that his skill players have butterfingers in the best of conditions and the conditions could play more of a factor than you might think.

Even if all these things happen, i feel they will be enough for flacco.

Didn't know it was going to be that cold. Man, that's really effing cold. Suddenly I'm liking the Ravens more.

Didn't know it was going to be that cold. Man, that's really effing cold. Suddenly I'm liking the Ravens more.

they will still find a way to blow it..flacco will heave one up to god knows who and it will be a INT. manning in cold sucks..hopefully it's cold like this when the pats go there in 2 weeks :D

19 for a high...8 for a low..lets see how manning does...i bet they run a great deal with how bad the ravens are against the run

Here's a more complete look at Manning vs Ravens:

Peyton Manning's on 9-game winning streak vs. Baltimore Ravens

Apparently he only beats them when he does NOT throw for more than 300 yards. Looking at the table in the column above, you could conclude that "Manning" has only beaten the Colts with his own strong play a few times.

And here's a column making the case for the cold favoring the Ravens.

Cold weather favors Ravens, not Manning - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

Though ...

I believe those two "cold weather" wins were 35-45 degrees. Not quite the same as 20 and dropping.
I think the weather thing is being overblown. Yes manning has had issues in the past but he is now living and playing in the open in denver so he would gotten used to it. People also used to say favre never lost below 34 degrees or something . Regardless, this ravens run defense is poor and they will keep running so manning wont have to do much.

I think the weather thing is being overblown. Yes manning has had issues in the past but he is now living and playing in the open in denver so he would gotten used to it. People also used to say favre never lost below 34 degrees or something . Regardless, this ravens run defense is poor and they will keep running so manning wont have to do much.

Who are they going to keep running? Moreno will get swallowed by Ngata. I'd like their chances in the running game a lot more if McGahee was healthy. This game is going to come down to Manning and his ability to throw the ball in that weather. With Pollard, Ellerbe, and Lewis all being back, I like the Ravens chances in this one. They have a very good opportunity to pull of the upset unless Flacco chokes (which is a very real possibility).

upset unless Flacco chokes (which is a very real possibility).

This is why the ravens will lose. he will chuck it up in the air 2-3 times to god knows who and it will end in at least 1 INT

And manning hasn't played in temps of 10 deg in the last what...3-4 years?

Last edited:

Who are they going to keep running? Moreno will get swallowed by Ngata. I'd like their chances in the running game a lot more if McGahee was healthy. This game is going to come down to Manning and his ability to throw the ball in that weather. With Pollard, Ellerbe, and Lewis all being back, I like the Ravens chances in this one. They have a very good opportunity to pull of the upset unless Flacco chokes (which is a very real possibility).

Colts had decent success with the running game. The cowboys with a healthy ray lewis ran over 280 odd yards on them. Even moreno ran over 100 yards last time they met. Manning only threw for 200 odd yards.

Watched Flacco last game. Unimpressive. His game was throwing high looping passes that his aggressive WRs (Boldin) yanked away from the DBs. Don't know the Denver DBs well enough to tell how they'll cope with this threat. The cold will make catching the shorter line drive passes like a thrown brick.

Last edited:

Lurch has metal rods in his neck. At around 10 degrees, his head turns into a Popsicle.

Attachments

• tumblr_lrup5fyOQo1qmb5ky.jpg
    tumblr_lrup5fyOQo1qmb5ky.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey