PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Division champs gear -- who buys that stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I can see how Colts fans might go ape-sh!t over division champs hats, sweatshirts, T-shirts, etc., but who among us wants to pay hard-earned bucks for that stuff?

I certainly wouldn't. To me it might as well say "I have low expectations" on it.

Maybe I'm jaded, but while a division title makes me happy it just doesn't blow my mind anymore.

Not I usually buy after the conference championship if I going to buy some gear with the championship usually stick to the helmet and jerseys.

I certainly wouldn't. To me it might as well say "I have low expectations."

Maybe I'm jaded, but a division title just doesn't blow my mind anymore.
I agree, and I was surprised and disappointed to see BB and Tedy wearing them. I want the team to continue to have the attitude they have had in the past -- namely that the goal every year is to win the Super Bowl, and anything less is falling short.

I'll admit I buy a T-Shirt. That's all. I like to wear it during the playoff games and it's OK to wear if we don't go to the SB. If it becomes obsolete after we win the big one - I can live with that. But in 12-13 days I'll be wearing mine during our first playoff game.

I remember in 2003 when the Colts were facing the Pats in the AFC championship game the Colts website was already selling Colts AFC champions T-shirts.

I only get conference championship and Super Bowl gear. The division title stuff is of no value to me. It's like when the Red Sox went ape over a wild card berth and printed t-shirts for that. That was an embarrassment.

Bob G

Awe hell I buy that stuff. 6-8 months down the road when it's all in the $3 bin.

I agree, and I was surprised and disappointed to see BB and Tedy wearing them. I want the team to continue to have the attitude they have had in the past -- namely that the goal every year is to win the Super Bowl, and anything less is falling short.

That suprised me too. I can't remember them doing that the last few times they won the division.

I was surprised and disappointed to see BB and Tedy wearing them.

Brady was wearing the T-shirt in his press conference as well. I think it was OK for them to wear it for, say, an hour or so immediately after that game. I wonder how much the league pushes coaches and players to wear those things so fans see it and feel encouraged to buy them.

I buy all the gear - AFTER - we win the Superbowl, that way i have the entire runs collectoin.

Let me tell you, I have lots of shirts and hats now, but certainly looking for many more.

One hat I always buy during the playoffs at Gillette is the one made specifically for that game, with the date and logos of the Pats and whoever they're playing. Those will always be collectors' items.

Brady was wearing the T-shirt in his press conference as well. I think it was OK for them to wear it for, say, an hour or so immediately after that game. I wonder how much the league pushes coaches and players to wear those things so fans see it and feel encouraged to buy them.

Colvin wore the hat in his interview with Felger and Burton.

The players have been through a tough 16 weeks to win the division. Let them enjoy it, they have a week to re-focus on the three weeks that follow the Tenessee game.

Once again there is a difference between team members and fans. They worked for the goal and they are celebrating it, that's cool. Also, they are wearing it as a show of support for the Krafts who want to sell it on the open market.

As a fan,I won't buy any of that stuff. I remember that I bought some AFC Champions Stuff the first SB againts the Bears. Then I bought the same stuff the next time againts the Peckers. But, when we went to the SB againts the Rams, I decided not to buy it and wait til they win it all. Well, now I've got 3 sets of sweatshirts,tee shirts, and caps (all official locker room stuff).

I consider it bad luck to buy anything else, but that's me.:cool:

I agree. This is not the same team that won championships in previous years.

I think the team right now is still looking for its identity. Strange, I know, in week 16, but that is the feeling I get. Acknowledging what they've accomplished is part of that growth, and a message to the young players on the team. Even though they got wupped by division rivals Miami and NY, at the end of the day, they are still division champs.

I haven't bought a non SB championship hat or t shirt since january 2002. Won't make that mistake again :)

I got an old hat from the 80's I wear exclusively on game day and playoffs...superstitious

otherwise I just collect the Super Bowl hats

Awe hell I buy that stuff. 6-8 months down the road when it's all in the $3 bin.

That's exactly what I was going to say. I got a nice fleece AFCE Champ Pats pullover for about 5 bucks at Kmart.

I can see how Colts fans might go ape-sh!t over division champs hats, sweatshirts, T-shirts, etc., but who among us wants to pay hard-earned bucks for that stuff?

I usually buy a hat at some point when the season is over. If they win the SB, I'll buy a SB hat. If they get bounced before the SB, I'll probably buy a division crown hat.

Personnally, I own no Patriots gear and do not intend to buy some soonly. I'm a fan but don't need that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes