PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ditka takes more digs at BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
His brother Albert was also. :) But, I think you can be a genius without being an astronomer, physicist or a rocket scientist. In his own right, especially with his ability to come up with so many different game plans to defeat so many different teams over the years, I think Belichick is a genius. Oh, also, selling the game plans and getting his teams to implement them, that's the great engineering and operations management part of him.

Actually, I was just kind of quoting Joe Theismann.
He really did say that. On national television, in fact.
That's what I was told, anyways.

Last edited:
Actually, I was just kind of quoting Joe Theismann.
He really did say that. On national television, in fact.
That's what I was told, anyways.
Oh yeah, I remember that! Alvin Einstein. Nobody will ever accuse Joe of being more than a dumb jock.

Ditka is very good friends with Schottenheimer. Marty has a lot of friends across the league who felt it was his time to shine this year and took to heart his latest postseason disaster. The phony "dancing on the field" issue after the Charger loss gave them a false sense of the moral high ground. No doubt Marty privately voiced to them a misguided anger after that bitter defeat. Envy and resentment toward BB from other coaches has been building for years and is immense. Many probably feel that Marty is "the better man", "has done his time", had the "better team" and "deserved" to win, while BB has "already had his share", and thus cheered the Pats' collapse in Indy. The Mangini nonsense exploited by the NYmedia, created a new chink in BB's armor, and the divorce proceedings left him open to attack from those looking to cast him in an "immoral" light. For a no-nonsense, no frills coach as brilliant and talented as BB, it's not enough to win 3 Sbs... you have to win every year to fight off the jackals in the sport so eager to rip you apart.

Great post.

Ditka is very good friends with Schottenheimer. Marty has a lot of friends across the league who felt it was his time to shine this year and took to heart his latest postseason disaster. The phony "dancing on the field" issue after the Charger loss gave them a false sense of the moral high ground. No doubt Marty privately voiced to them a misguided anger after that bitter defeat. Envy and resentment toward BB from other coaches has been building for years and is immense. Many probably feel that Marty is "the better man", "has done his time", had the "better team" and "deserved" to win, while BB has "already had his share", and thus cheered the Pats' collapse in Indy. The Mangini nonsense exploited by the NYmedia, created a new chink in BB's armor, and the divorce proceedings left him open to attack from those looking to cast him in an "immoral" light. For a no-nonsense, no frills coach as brilliant and talented as BB, it's not enough to win 3 Sbs... you have to win every year to fight off the jackals in the sport so eager to rip you apart.

While I agree with this overall, Ditka was somewhat right, I mean, the pats did blow a huge lead and shouldn't have. I think Ditka is a tool and spews off at the mouth to get attention now, but he didn't say BB was a loser, sore sport, dumbass, or anything..
The pats should have closed the game out and didn't. It should be one of the, if not the most dissapointing FOOTBALL loss for BB and the Pats.

Last edited:
While I agree with this overall, Ditka was somewhat right, I mean, the pats did blow a huge lead and shouldn't have. I think Ditka is a tool and spews off at the mouth to get attention now, but he didn't say BB was a loser, sore sport, dumbass, or anything..
The pats should have closed the game out and didn't. It should be one of the, if not the most dissapointing FOOTBALL loss for BB and the Pats.

sure but this isnt the first time he went out of the way to talk about BB. once he called him out for his dressing sense, and then after the LT incident he called him out indirectly, on mike and mike in the morning. Same thing with the whole mangini incident.so this isnt a one off incident where he is actually talking about 1 game

POST OF THE YEAR....nice thoughts Pony e. :rocker:

Ask Ditka why he was arrested for drunk driving if he's such a model of "class".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back