Ditka on BB's wardrobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
i didnt watch the espn sunday nfl countdown last week ...but read this

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/sideTracks/view.bg?articleid=168335

That ex-Chicago Bears head coach Mike Ditka slammed New England Patriots main man Bill Belichick?s couture choices on ESPN. When host Chris Berman asked Ditka about the NFL?s new suits-on-the-sidelines movement Ditka replied that ?it looks a lot better than some gray hooded sweatshirt - which looks like crap.? He went on to add that the hoodie makes it look ?like you?re coaching junior high school.? Ah, ouch.

As someone posted the bsmw article...the media cant wait to kick this team when they are down or not playing well...

And we all know that looks are the most important thing. Maybe Belichick can start wearing a suit and trade his entire draft for a RB :eek:

Maybe someone should remind this idiot how many rings Belichick carries around in that hoodie. While they're at it, they can bring up Ricky Williams.

I don't see anything wrong with Ditka's comments. In fact, I think he's right. Belichick does pretty much dress like a slob. That being said, coaching ability and dress style are two mutually exclusive topics.

Murphys95 said:
I don't see anything wrong with Ditka's comments. In fact, I think he's right. Belichick does pretty much dress like a slob. That being said, coaching ability and dress style are two mutually exclusive topics.
Mike Nolan said one of the reasons he wore the suit was to show honor and respect to the old great coaches like Halas, Paul Brown, Landry, etc., that wore suits every game. Maybe someday coaches will honor Belichick be wearing hooded sweatshirts. :)

Murphys95 said:
Mike Nolan said one of the reasons he wore the suit was to show honor and respect to the old great coaches like Halas, Paul Brown, Landry, etc., that wore suits every game. Maybe someday coaches will honor Belichick by wearing hooded sweatshirts. :)

Fanfrom1960 said:
Mike Nolan said one of the reasons he wore the suit was to show honor and respect to the old great coaches like Halas, Paul Brown, Landry, etc., that wore suits every game.
Forget the suits. Just a hunch, but I believe those former "great coaches" would much prefer a reduction of all showboating/celebration as a show of honor and respect toward themselves and the game of football. Team sport anyone? :(

Murphys95 said:
My problem is the "looks like crap" part. I think sweatshirts are a perfectly appropriate way to dress. In fact you will never see me in anything except a Patriots' T-Shirt or Sweatshirt. Ever. And it doesn't look like crap. Ditka may prefer other clothes but Belichick looks fine as is.

Ditka's comments are a non-issue. I agree what he has said to some degree, however BB is who BB is. Until the league decides on a dress code for coaches, you can bet that sweatshirt will be on his back just about every Sunday, he is more comfortable in a sweat shirt on the sidelines...

You know I say this with a great deal of love but let's face it, BB would look crappy in anything. He could wear a suit, a tuxedo or a crisp white navy uniform and still look like a slob. He's schulmpy. Clothes don't matter to him and he wears what's comfortable and he also seems to be one of those people who feel restricted by collars and cuffs.

What does Ditka care what BB wears? I wish they'd leave him alone. Besides, Nolan and Del Rio looked ridiculous on the sidelines in their Reebok suits. It was cold in Jacksonville (the fans were in down jackets) and Del Rio is parading around in his fancy suit looking like he was freezing.

Hoodie said:
You know I say this with a great deal of love but let's face it, BB would look crappy in anything. He could wear a suit, a tuxedo or a crisp white navy uniform and still look like a slob.
Hey look at my Avatar, buddy, that's a sharp dressed man right there :)

Hoodie said:
Besides, Nolan and Del Rio looked ridiculous on the sidelines in their Reebok suits. It was cold in Jacksonville (the fans were in down jackets) and Del Rio is parading around in his fancy suit looking like he was freezing.

Honestly the only thing I think is "ridiculous" about all this is the NFL not allowing suits to be worn by coaches on the sideline in the first place. :) All apparel must be team issued and licensed by the league. :rolleyes:

BelichickFan said:
In fact you will never see me in anything except a Patriots' T-Shirt or Sweatshirt. Ever.
Weddings? Funerals?

the only problem i have with this was that ditka was not asked about BB..he was asked about nolan...he goes out of the way to talk about the sweatshirt without naming BB

Patjew said:
Weddings? Funerals?
You're right but those are so rare. I don't go to church so that weekly issue is eliminated :)

OK, once every few years for weddings and funerals.

Could be worse, could be like MLB where we have to see the fat ba$tards squeeze into a baseball uni.

Hoodie said:
You know I say this with a great deal of love but let's face it, BB would look crappy in anything. He could wear a suit, a tuxedo or a crisp white navy uniform and still look like a slob. He's schulmpy.
Sorry Hoodie but I've seen him in suits and even a tux and I think he looks adorable, I don't find him schlumpy one bit. Gotta disagree about Del Rio too, I thought he looked NICE in his suit!

patsacolachick said:
Sorry Hoodie but I've seen him in suits and even a tux and I think he looks adorable

Agreed but in a Detective Columbo sorta way. I think he always looks uncomfortable in a suit. In fact I think the suit goes against BB's philosophy on life. The suit, as seen on Pat Riley et.al., is about flash. If there's one thing BB ain't it's flashy.

BelichickFan said:
You're right but those are so rare. I don't go to church so that weekly issue is eliminated :)

OK, once every few years for weddings and funerals.
I envy you.

Patjew said:
I envy you.
:)

I'll get my new supply of Pats' clothing in a month. I know I'm getting two more "University of Belichick" T Shirts and a mean Gameface T Shirt (some angry looking Pats face).

I need a SB 41 Championship T-Shirt/Sweatshirt combination . . . only Pats' of course ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes