PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dissing Chad Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Okay, so I was reading Reiss's Pieces and I saw this:

The Patriots have re-signed linebacker Chad Brown his agent Peter Schaffer confirmed.

"Chad made a decision a couple of months ago to get into shape not just to play, but play at the level he is accustomed to," Schaffer said of his client. "He trained in Colorado and I think the Patriots wanted to see if he was committed.

"Last year Chad's decision came down to Pittsburgh, Seattle and New England and he chose New England because he felt they had the best chance to win the Super Bowl."

My first thought was that New England had the best chance UNTIL they signed Chad Brown. Then the edge went to Pittsburgh. Had he signed with either Seattle or Pittsburgh, you can bet that neither team would have made it to the Superbowl.

I wonder if we can give him to the Colts....

spacecrime said:

The Patriots have re-signed linebacker Chad Brown his agent Peter Schaffer confirmed.

"Chad made a decision a couple of months ago to get into shape not just to play, but play at the level he is accustomed to," Schaffer said of his client. "He trained in Colorado and I think the Patriots wanted to see if he was committed.

"Last year Chad's decision came down to Pittsburgh, Seattle and New England and he chose New England because he felt they had the best chance to win the Super Bowl."

My first thought was that New England had the best chance UNTIL they signed Chad Brown. Then the edge went to Pittsburgh. Had he signed with either Seattle or Pittsburgh, you can bet that neither team would have made it to the Superbowl.

Another vet,at a position we need depth.
If he shows something all the better,If not training camp fodder.
I don't think the cost to release him would be much.

spacecrime said:

While I think that is a little harsh where your point completely loses credibility is...."I wonder if we can give him to the Colts"

Like the Colts need any help to avoid getting to the Super Bowl....come on!

pats-blue said:
While I think that is a little harsh where your point completely loses credibility is...."I wonder if we can give him to the Colts"

Wouldn't it be great if Pats and Colts play for the AFC championship game,
and the Pats win on a 48 yard Gostkowski FG:)

pats-blue said:

I am duly chastised. I should not have tried to take away Peyton's job and give it to Chad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back