PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dissapointed in this coaching staff this year. putting team in position to fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Coaching has been the biggest problem for this team so far...they havent been putting their players in the best position to succeed.
1. Defense: before we could put blame on the talent. But, when you have the amount of talent you do in this teams defense and still look like they did in 2011?? that is a problem there with the coaching. We finally have good press man-cover corners yet are playing a soft zone most of the game. Belicheck used Talib to shadow the best player in man coverage all over the line, why wont he with Revis whom is better than talib? will they do the same passive garbage when we have Browner next week? because it isnt going to cut it. we need to be playing man and blitzing/be more agressive.

when BB brought in browner/revis this past off-season the thought was we were going to more of an agressive man defense. so far this defense has been soft as molasses. read and react defense. having revis play 5 yards off the line. its not working and is not best suited to this teams strengths. will they adjust? like the horrible idea of having Chandler jones play inside run stuffer? or will they go with the status quo?

2. on offense, you decide to bench your two sophmore receivers whom are athletic 6 feet+. you have 5 RB's active and 3 TE's OK, that means we are going to run more...NOPE, we decide to run 6 times in the first half. and go to a shotgun spread them out offense. and this is against a team whom is not good against the run. the patriots best game this season was SURPRISE game 2 when they decided to pound the rock.

You are telling me that Dobson/thompkins couldnt have helped more in a "spread them out game" than james white whom didnt play any snaps, or wright who hardly played.
And, dont tell me that thompkins/dobson are jags...because last year they showed some of the most promise rookie receivers have had with brady. and Brady has been targetting them when on the field. UNLIKE amendola whom somehow seems to find his way onto the active list. Why were they so trusted last year and now BB decides to play a stiff like Amendola? Dobson had stretches last year where he was targeted by brady often and the two had created a chemistry. Thompkins was targetted 10 times in game 1!!
so, we are going into a hostile environment with solid pass rushers, inactivate two of our better receivers, have 2 rookies starting on the OL, and our offensive gameplan is to spread them out in the shot gun and not run the ball?? that is putting your team in position to fail.
how is the offense supposed to gel when you are subbing in OL men every play, and have different WR inactive/active every game.

double, how is dobson/thompkins expected to develop when they are riding the pine so you can try and justify signing danny amendola to that large contract?
BB and the coaching staff needs to take a step back and look that they are HORRIBLY wrong. because I see alot of talent on this team, and it is underperforming due to horrible coaching/playcalling/substitutions/inactives

it almost seems like belicheck is getting to "cutesy" with his "game to game plan offense" and the whole team is suffering for it.

1st team blame...GM
2nd team blame...Coaches
3rd team blame.....players

McDaniels is awesome our complex offense has 3 plays!

Bubble Screen
Stretch
PA Stretch quick slant or 5 yd out

With what little I saw of Ridley he looked ok. He is our best runner between the tackles and he is used sparingly. KC showed weakness against the run early in this game and throughout the short season. I like Vereen and there is a time and place for his skill set. Again, another misuse of personal by McDaniels.

Not sure how Dobson and KT were left off the roster. If you are going to run 3 Wr sets how can you only have 3 active wrs suite up on game day? This stuff is correctable but that all depends on if the coaches are going to be hard headed about schemes and personal.

I hate that it has come down to the fans including myself, questioning coaching decisions. I've been quite ok with what they do with their team because it usually works. But it has been really bad for the first quarter of the season. BB has some tough decisions to make. If he claims he does what is best for the team then maybe he should be considering some of his coaches he hired. He is more than ok with adding a player or releasing a player for the good of the team. What about some of these coaches that clearly aren't doing such a good job?

Coaches are the real reason we are failing. Seriously, you make a crap offensive gameplan, and defensive game plan. They are purposely trying to lose some games.

KC was giving up Jim Brown's Career average going into this game. Yup, let's spread EM out!

Coaches aren't doing their job. For some reason they are taking games off or purposely adding to an outcome of a game. Its horrible

I blame the coaches so much more then the players. We have the players to be a top tier team..but we are not. That's on coaching

The gameplan for last nights game just never put them in a chance to succeed. playing conservative deep "read and react" zones which left guys open and hoping to make a tackle. why not force alex smith to have to make tough throws? letting him take short passes and hoping for a tackle plays into the way KC wants to.

on offense, you spread them out and then inactivate 2 of our WR's and refuse to run the ball when they are giving up something insane like 5 yards a carry, when you have an OL which has trouble protecting the QB, IN a loud enviroment, WITH 2 rookie starters.

coaching is just not putting our players in the best position to succeed. we saw this week 1 as well. not running the ball, playing chandler jones as a 3-4 DE instead of an OL/4-3 DE....I thought they finally corrected that in minnesota moving jones to the outside and having a run first offense.

but the last 2 weeks have just been an utter coaching failure Belichceck needs to take a step back. we have the talent. but at this point you have to blame it on the scheme.

Coaches aren't doing their job. For some reason they are taking games off or purposely adding to an outcome of a game. Its horrible

200805280724.jpg

You're starting to sound like @SB39 at this point. That's not a compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back