Welcome to PatsFans.com

Disgusting Laura Bush attacks Parkinson's victim

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

From a recent C-SPAN interview...

"Q: One of the issues that’s come up. Michael J. Fox. The whole issue of stem cell research. Your reaction to the events of the past week.

LAURA BUSH: Well, I don’t have any idea about any of those. I mean, I’ve watch on television just like you have. But the fact is President Bush is the only president that authorized funding for stem cell research. And, um, you know, it’s an issue that it’s easy to try to manipulate people’s feelings about and I understand that. [...] It’s always easy to manipulate people’s feelings, especially when you are talking about diseases that are so difficult."

http://digg.com/political_opinion/L...Fox_It_s_Always_Easy_To_Manipulate_People_Vid

Laura Bush owes Parkinson's victims and America an apology.
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +411 / 5 / -2

The video doesn't work so I can't see it.

What did she say that was bad? Where did she attack a Parkinsons victim? I think you are totally reaching here. This is what she said, again, the video is not working for me.

Transcript:

Q: One of the issues that’s come up. Michael J. Fox. The whole issue of stem cell research. Your reaction to the events of the past week.

LAURA BUSH: Well, I don’t have any idea about any of those. I mean, I’ve watch on television just like you have. But the fact is President Bush is the only president that authorized funding for stem cell research. And, um, you know, it’s an issue that it’s easy to try to manipulate people’s feelings about and I understand that. My dad died of Alzheimer’s. You know, there’ s nothing I’d like more than to think there was a cure for Alzheimer’s. Especially before I get to be the age he is, but knowing also how he suffered. It’s always easy to manipulate people’s feelings, especially when you are talking about diseases that are so difficult.

So again, where does she attack someone?
  3. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So you believe, like Laura Bush does, Parkinson's victims are trying to manipulate the public?
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think she meant Democrats are manipulating the public's feelings.
  5. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +117 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Hey Sey, you are going to have to change your sig, they just fired him...

Funny, you would never know he has Parkinsons if you watch him on Boston Legal. Except in last night's episode where he was played soley as a spleen and a disenbodied head! How dare they!!!
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

He visibly shook in his Boston Legal cameos. Parkinson's, in any case, is an episodal disease, the symptoms go from much better to much worse.

Maybe he's being manipulated by Dems as people say, but there's no way he went for, "Oh, just shake a bit more for the effect."
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What makes you so sure..? He admits he didn't take his medication prior to testifying before Congress in order to increase the effect.

It's no big deal... he's not the first to try and manipulate emotions and he won't be the last...
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I guess I can't be sure, but it just seems like a personal integrity issue. I'd be embarassed and would feel like a fraud doing something like that.

Unless we have reason to believe that he's a fraud, I don't know how someone could make the claim. Anything's possible, it's just a big pill to swallow when it's pure speculation. It's kinda like the Bush's involvement in 9/11 conspiracy theory. Is it true? No. Am I sure? No. But the ones making the claim better be the ones that pony up the evidence.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +411 / 5 / -2

Again, where does she say that Parkinsons victims are trying to manipulate the public? I know what you are trying to do. You're trying to turn the Kerry remarks against Laura Bush. Frankly, I don't see where she criticized anyone. When you can show me where she did without asking a question, let me know.
  10. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can I ask a question?

Does being a victim or losing a loved one a la Cindy Sheehan and the "Jersey Girls" put one above reproach or criticism when they wish to voluntarily enter the political arena?

I believe these people should be left alone to their own devices but when they CHOOSE to get into something as heated as politics, you cannot expect that their opinions will go unchallenged simply because they are a victim or survivor. That only serves to STIFLE debate not encourage it.

And no, I do not condone using whatever made them a victim against them or personal attacks.