PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Discussion: Who Should be the Next Patriots Offensive Coordinator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Discussion: Who Should be the Next Patriots Offensive Coordinator?
By: Derek Havens

Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien had agreed to become the coach at Penn State. Who would you like to see fill the Patriots offensive coordinator position? ...

Josh McDaniels.

#1 - Good OC, knows the system
#2 - Brings Brandon Lloyd with him
#3 - I don't think we have an OC in the pipeline right now. Edit: Near the end of the pipeline.
#3 - He'll leave for another HC gig in 2 years or so, but by then hopefully the next OC will have grown into that position.

Last edited:
I think we need to promote Ferentz. His work with the TE's gives him a perspective in both the passing and runing game. He is very well schooled on the current personnel and their medical situations.

This is a case where a young star needs a chance to blossom.

I think we need to promote Ferentz. His work with the TE's gives him a perspective in both the passing and runing game. He is very well schooled on the current personnel and their medical situations.

This is a case where a young star needs a chance to blossom.

You have to be kidding... Brian has been here all of two seasons, one of which had no off season. He graduated college 6 years ago and spent a season and a bit bouncing around between Atlanta (PS) and NO (camp cut) as an UDFA OL before signing on as a defensive assistant here in 2010... I know his dad is a coach and all, but Josh's was too and Josh interned under Saban before landing here and then spent 4 years under Charlie before being given his shot at even OC without a title...

These TE's were established as top flight rookies before he ever laid a hand on them. He's probably the front runner in the pipeline, but the problem is he's still a ways away from being close to ready to be a coordinator.

New England Patriots: Brian Ferentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey