Welcome to PatsFans.com

Discussion of Steve Lyons Firing by Faux News..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 16, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

was listening to Big Show this afternoon, almost exclusively about Steve Lyons, except for the BB interview. Interesting, I cannot see how they fired him, unless they were waiting for a minimal excuse to fire him. I usually do not agree with their politics, but in today's situation and after listening to the interview with Steve Lyons have to say I agree. I understand the Lou Pinella may come to his defense.

I seems that this network which prides itself on being very much on the right, has some issues in this area. They have all those shows which tend to stereotype I don't even know their names, particularly the comic ones, however fired this guy for what seems to be minmal reason. I wonder how Bill O'Reilly, Hannity and the rest of the guys will deal with this???
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  2. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fox News didnt fire him, The Fox Network fired him. I'm fine with it. He sucked.
  3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Big Show is proven to lower your IQ.

You want sports, go to WFAN. They focus on sports not controversy and contrived topics.
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

We won't agree on that, but found the live comments of Steve Lyons interesting..
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +289 / 4 / -2

If they fired him specifically for the on air comments then FOX is a disgrace. There was nothing wrong with what was said in the context with which it was used. The problem these days is that everyone is far to PC, and the double standard that exists is ludicris. My opinion is that they must have wanted to fire him for something prior, and this gave them a convenient excuse.
  6. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"Faux" News didn't fire him, as someone pointed out.

Word was that he had really PO'd someone high up and they were just looking for a reason to let him go. This was lame, but they will be able to defend it should Lyons sue.

Another victim of a Liberal "free speech" thought crime.
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't see what the hub bub is all about. Since Joe Morgan remains employed, I'm against this on general principles; but from a legal standpoint, Fox can dump anyone they want, for any reason, racism and sexism aside of course.

Off topic: The Big Show has sucked ever since the Monster died. Even though those two tards (DeOssie and Smerlas) were around for 1/2 the year since as long as I can remember, it was easier to put up with them when I knew the grump would return when the good weather did.
  8. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Whiner Line is the best 10-15 minutes of their broadcast day, once D & C sign off.

Dale & Holley just don't do it for me. Maybe it's all that hockey talk.

The Big Show has its moments, like when Burton starts cackling during the Whiner Line.

Planet Mikey doesn't do much unless the Sox are playing, then his obsession with the team makes it somewhat listenable.

Mustard & Johnson on Saturdays is the worst. How Larry puts up with that arrogant snob is beyond me. He once called Christianity "a mythology." Think if he said that about Islam he'd still be employed? He's just another Liberal snob thinks-he-knows-it-all.
  9. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

i was a WEEI junkie when i lived there. my favorites were Felger on football and Buckley on baseball. I must admit the total over the top stupidity of Pete Shepard i found very entertaining.

my favorite WEEI moment of all time: When the Tennessee talk show hosts interviewed Pete and asked him to name some of the BC players
    "cough. cough. well, of course there..there so many to name, uh, um ......"
    he was so bagged. i laughed so hard tears were rolling down my face.

of course nothing beat the night the Patriots won SB 36. I drove from Nashua,NH to Foxboro and back to Leominster just listening to Glenn,Fred,Pete, and Steve and the callers enjoying. My favorite sports night of all time.
  10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +546 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

I'm with you Turd ... the excuse was lame...especially considering he was eating with Pinella when told he was wanted.

However...he does suck ... not as bad as the color commentary from the coffin Joe "Mundane" Morgan ... but he did suck.

OT: Anyone here notice how the NFL has no shortage of good and entertaining color commentators and yet MLB has to strain to even find just 1????
  11. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm sure all these righties crying injustice are similarly outraged at Lamar Thomas's dismissal from the Miami Hurricanes broadcast team. :rolleyes:
  12. pats-blue

pats-blue Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Your comparing Lyons poor taste joke with Thomas' thug rant? how is this a right or left issue? PC issue maybe, well probably...but "righties"? Comon
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

I cannot tolerate D & C, enjoy Dale and Holley particularly their inside info on the Pats, only listen to big show on Mon and Friday... like Smerlas and De Ossie, however do not like when they all yell over each other. Curran is my fave on any of these shows, but if you are searching for sports on Southern NE the selection is pee poor. As far as the hockey stuff goes, as a former huge fan of #4, I tolerate it.. but don't enjoy it.