PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Discussion - Fantasy Football Threads And Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
A LB from Oakland gets cut........a thread pops up here....not Pats related.
A RB from Minnesota gets arrested....a thread pops up here...not Pats related
Some mediot says something outrageous...a thread pops up here...not Pats related
Half the NFL rumors from PFT manage to get headlined here....most not Pats related
The Jets Suck (which they do) ....a thread that feeds the lowest common element...that thread lives here.
....and I don't have a problem with any of them. In fact most of the "outside Gillette" threads are a lot more interesting than "Brady is Great" threads or the weekly exposes of posters' inner demons disguised as "thoughts on the game" :) :) :) :) :)
My point...........just pointing out the selectivity of the indignation regarding non-Pats related threads.
Personally, I would never read a fantasy thread because it would bore me to tears...but...the reality is Fantasy is huge and it is good business to prominently feature Fantasy....and I'm surprised PatsFans.com hasn't been more proactive feeding the fantasy junkies with extra fluff. (Maybe PatsFans does...I just don't read their articles). With all the tools this site has to offer, it would be very easy for the "old school" purists to coexist with the fantasy addicts that might be ready for a new level.
PS.....Jonas Gray effed me last week........I'll get you BB...and his little McDaniels dog tooView attachment 7531

This board includes OT threads. So, yes, when a mediot is an idiot, there is an OT post. And, yes, whenever a player is cut anywhere, there is an OT post. Perhaps more posts should be labeled OT, perhaps when players are cut. However, the title makes the fact that it is OT clear. And yes, whenever a LB is cut, many posters want to consider him. That is indeed about our perceived lack of linebacker strength. We used to have three linebackers on the Practice Squad; we are done to one.

This board includes OT threads. So, yes, when a mediot is an idiot, there is an OT post. And, yes, whenever a player is cut anywhere, there is an OT post. Perhaps more posts should be labeled OT, perhaps when players are cut. However, the title makes the fact that it is OT clear. And yes, whenever a LB is cut, many posters want to consider him. That is indeed about our perceived lack of linebacker strength. We used to have three linebackers on the Practice Squad; we are done to one.

So it's the same as a FF post. There is probably a sub forum for all the OT threads your heart desires, but if somebody mentions FF it deserves a Jihad.

I personally find the "Fantasy football has nothing to do with football" people to be blowhards and pretty rude in general. Been here a while, and there is ALWAYS, someone using fantasy football as a tool to insult someone's football acumen, intelligence or general fandom. Get over yourselves, we are strangers talking about our favorite team on an Internet message board.

Actually, Patsfans.com has an entire Fantasy Football Forum:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/forums/fantasy-football.26/

There's even a Patsfans.com league with 12 teams currently:

ObfjggB.png

Ya and my team is garbage....ugh doesn't look like playoffs for me....BTW buy in was $20. I will run it again next year..love me some FF. Not sure what i would do without it. Boring games are now interesting...some of them

I'm a huge FF guy. I love real football even more, but I have a ton of fun projecting individual players success (usage level is paramount in F, who got the opportunities?) and trying to guess coaches game plans prior to games based on previous weeks film (NFL Rewind Junkie).

I think if you play right, (I've never lost a league), it can be very fun and beneficial to football intelligence. However, If I learn, or observe something because FF was a motivator, I will post that info in a non-FF form.

That said, I hate when the media outlets treat the games like Fantasy is most important and not real NFL Football strategy. I agree FF threads should be kept in FF forum, but I expect occasional FF comments/off topic comments in every thread.

Happy Thanksgiving and real football begins now!

A LB from Oakland gets cut........a thread pops up here....not Pats related.
A RB from Minnesota gets arrested....a thread pops up here...not Pats related
Some mediot says something outrageous...a thread pops up here...not Pats related
Half the NFL rumors from PFT manage to get headlined here....most not Pats related
The Jets Suck (which they do) ....a thread that feeds the lowest common element...that thread lives here.
....and I don't have a problem with any of them. In fact most of the "outside Gillette" threads are a lot more interesting than "Brady is Great" threads or the weekly exposes of posters' inner demons disguised as "thoughts on the game" :) :) :) :) :)
My point...........just pointing out the selectivity of the indignation regarding non-Pats related threads.
Personally, I would never read a fantasy thread because it would bore me to tears...but...the reality is Fantasy is huge and it is good business to prominently feature Fantasy....and I'm surprised PatsFans.com hasn't been more proactive feeding the fantasy junkies with extra fluff. (Maybe PatsFans does...I just don't read their articles). With all the tools this site has to offer, it would be very easy for the "old school" purists to coexist with the fantasy addicts that might be ready for a new level.
PS.....Jonas Gray effed me last week........I'll get you BB...and his little McDaniels dog tooView attachment 7531

We picked up Ayers, Branch, Cassilas, Michael Wright and others who have contributed this season. One was cut because of drunk driving, a couple wer underused and unhappy, other players cut could end up as LBs, pass rushers, OL or other positions on this team before the season's over.

Almost everything you mentioned could relate to this Patriots team this season if we have injuries, or find a quality player from among the cuts that's better than what we have.

A colossal reach....but good to know "OT" guarantees unlimited topics

Ya and my team is garbage....ugh doesn't look like playoffs for me....BTW buy in was $20. I will run it again next year..love me some FF. Not sure what i would do without it. Boring games are now interesting...some of them

As far as the fantasy league here on patsfans, I was wondering if Rock the Bells (Mike R.) would be interested in splitting the winning pot with me ahead of the game being played this weekend? We're both pretty evenly matched, although technically I did a couple of games better than him this season in the record standings. It's close enough for me to walk away with 1/2 the winning pot in the spirit of competition.

In other words, we'd both split the winnings down the middle and the winner of the game would still get bragging rights to be considered the "champ" of the league. I figured that maybe we both could use 1/2 the winnings, considering that it's the holiday season etc.

If you know how to get in touch with Mike R. (can't remember what his handle is on here), let me know. Thanks.

As far as the fantasy league here on patsfans, I was wondering if Rock the Bells (Mike R.) would be interested in splitting the winning pot with me ahead of the game being played this weekend? We're both pretty evenly matched, although technically I did a couple of games better than him this season in the record standings. It's close enough for me to walk away with 1/2 the winning pot in the spirit of competition.

In other words, we'd both split the winnings down the middle and the winner of the game would still get bragging rights to be considered the "champ" of the league. I figured that maybe we both could use 1/2 the winnings, considering that it's the holiday season etc.

If you know how to get in touch with Mike R. (can't remember what his handle is on here), let me know. Thanks.

Ya i will send him a message today

I really enjoy Fantasy Football. I also realize that posting

"I just need X to score a TD" is the ultimate in posts that -NOBODY ELSE GIVES A **** ABOUT-

It's about as topical as posting about my anus stretching routine.

Hey thanks, guys. Glad we got everything worked out and looking forward to the ultimate steel cage (do they still even do that, lol?) battle this weekend for the first annual bragging rights for the patsfans.com fantasy league.

It was a good idea to start it, and I enjoyed the week to week matches with everyone. Thanks again.

I think mixing up fantasy and regular threads gets confusing.

I never played fantasy but was thinking of learning how and giving it a try next year.

Congrats to Armchair Quarterback for winning the first ever "official" patsfans.com fantasy league.

See you guys next year, and thanks again for the camaraderie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes