PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Disciples can learn from ‘warm’ Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard this story before but this makes me LMAO...

Meriweather made a seemingly innocuous remark about how Welker was one of the best slot receivers in the league, a fact Welker has proved over the past two years. At the time, however, Welker was still relatively unknown.

During a team meeting the next day, Belichick was going over a series of quotes from players both on his team and around the league. He brought up Meriweather’s remark about Welker and then said aloud: “Brandon, what the [bleep] do you know about the NFL?”

I've heard this story before but this makes me LMAO...

Thats harsh.............but funny. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall and see the jaws drop and witness Merriweather's response- or lackthereof

That's the BB I've grown to love... not the emo-Bruschi-loving dude we saw this week.

BB is at his best when he is "direct". Though it is even funnier when considering Merriweather was right... maybe the Pats can groom him to become a head scout !

That's the BB I've grown to love... not the emo-Bruschi-loving dude we saw this week.

BB is at his best when he is "direct". Though it is even funnier when considering Merriweather was right... maybe the Pats can groom him to become a head scout !

But Bill was right too.

Brady could hit $20 million: While New England quarterback Tom Brady(notes) said last week in the aftermath of the Rivers deal that he wasn’t concerned about his contract, which has two years remaining, don’t expect Brady to think that way in the 2011 offseason. After taking a very team-favorable deal the last time, look for Brady to be the first NFL player to hit the $20 million average salary, assuming there are no significant problems between now and then. Although Brady will be 34 going into the 2011 season, he could easily have three premium seasons left in his career.

I didnt need to see this :eek:

I didnt need to see this :eek:

There are 2 ways to look at it, as I see it:

1) Whatever Brady wants, he's earned
2) None of these columnists have any idea what they're talking about. "He took a discount last time, so naturally he's going to want a huge payday now" might be most backwards rationale I've heard yet for why he'll inevitably want a huge payout.

Personally, I'm not worrying about it at all. Whatever he costs will be money well spent, and I think he knows better than to go into the realm of absurdity (which would just mean that he'd have an inferior supporting cast helping to win more SBs). And Giselle makes like $30M per year, so they're not exactly hurting for money either.

There are 2 ways to look at it, as I see it:

1) Whatever Brady wants, he's earned
2) None of these columnists have any idea what they're talking about. "He took a discount last time, so naturally he's going to want a huge payday now" might be most backwards rationale I've heard yet for why he'll inevitably want a huge payout.

Personally, I'm not worrying about it at all. Whatever he costs will be money well spent, and I think he knows better than to go into the realm of absurdity (which would just mean that he'd have an inferior supporting cast helping to win more SBs). And Giselle makes like $30M per year, so they're not exactly hurting for money either.

Im not worried about it either way. 20 mil a year? not happening. I don't really believe that TFB would ask for that, unless he's trying to compete with Gisele :D

Well.. salary cap or no?

If there's no salary cap, pay the man!

If there is, I'd expect Brady to not demand a whole ton of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes