Welcome to PatsFans.com

Disbar Thomas

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Legal Schnauzer: Clarence Thomas Faces Call For His Disbarment

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas should be disbarred for his failure to truthfully complete financial-disclosure forms over a 20-year period, according to a complaint filed by the watchdog group Protect Our Elections (POE).

In a bar complaint filed with the Missouri Supreme Court, POE attorney Kevin Zeese says Thomas committed multiple violations of the Missouri Rules of Professional Conduct. (See full complaint below.) Zeese asks the Office of Chief Disciplinary Counsel to take immediate action against Thomas, including disbarment.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

Kevin Zeese, his sisters name is Zelda
    :rofl::rofl:
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:mad: This thread is nothing more than blatent race baiting. :mad:
  4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I'll take your word for it, You should know.......
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Gee a left wing NGO want to smear a black conservative who escaped from the liberal plantation where all black people are required to reside what a shock.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +188 / 7 / -23

This was discussed before, and somehow the right views it as oversight..

Rules are rules, and the rules are more strict for the judiciary..
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Thomas's work with The Heritage Foundations was well known and above board. More importantly Thomas paid hos taxes.

Wake me up when this left wing group demands the resignation of Tax cheats who not only didn't disclose income but didn't pay taxes on income as Thomas did when he reported his wife's income to the IRS. I won't even get into all the administration officials who were caught cheating their taxes and not reporting income to the IRS. I won't hold my breath waiting for them to stop being hypocrites.

If Thomas didn't report the income to the IRS these left wing clowns would have a point as it is they are a joke.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Thomas's work with The Heritage Foundations was well known and above board. More importantly Thomas paid hos taxes.

Wake me up when this left wing group demands the resignation of Tax cheats who not only didn't disclose income but didn't pay taxes on income as Thomas did when he reported his wife's income to the IRS. I won't even get into all the administration officials who were caught cheating their taxes and not reporting income to the IRS. I won't hold my breath waiting for them to stop being hypocrites.

If Thomas didn't report the income to the IRS these left wing clowns would have a point as it is they are a joke.
  9. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

More importantly?

Actually, in the case of Supreme Court justices (as well as influential pols), I'd take nonpayment of taxes over concealing financial relationships that could impact their decisions. The legitimacy of the SC is far more important than a relatively small financial sum.

(Guessing you'll still ignore this parenthetical, but I'm not saying Thomas concealed his relationship)
  10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +579 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

We already have a thread on this topic.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ort-686k-wifes-income.html?highlight=clarence
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Translation: All sorts of democrats got busted evading taxes, so Chico is going to try and make that look like a completely unimportant crime! :rolleyes:
    It's good you're not saying that because he didn't conceal (or attempt to conceal) anything, and that's why this is a complete non-issue, except to a very few select race baiters on the left.
  12. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

Translation: Wolfie can't read! :rolleyes:

I'm glad you agree with me.

----------------------

Speaking of race-baiting... it's funny that you started a thread because you have a problem with Holder's comment but not with Thomas breaking the rules here. Let's see, what would make you be OK with Thomas but not with Holder...
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

What was concealed?

His wife wrote articles for Heritage Foundation that relationship was common knowledge. That is like saying that if someone wrote editorials for the New York TImes it is a hidden relationship.

That is a joke. COmbined with the income being reported properly to the IRS, please.

BTW do you think Rangel should resign for Cheating on taxes?
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

LOL classic, 13
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

What is classic is that you won't answer and deflect. Your double standard is showing.
  16. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -1

All that's showing is your inability to read what you're supposedly replying to.

Go back and read my post again, and then figure out why your reply was so ridiculous.

By your "standards" perhaps I should demand an apology and retraction, as you did with mrs :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +188 / 7 / -23

Let me articulate this slowly, to help you out..

The Supreme Court is held to the highest ethical standards in the land, they are not elected for a term, the are appointed for life and their sole mission is to interpret the constitution..

Say what you will, but anytime they do not obey the laws to the highest level then they need to be scrutinized.. you cannot vote them out.

Clarence Thomas has not even commented on or questioned one case in over 5 years now, but will go to the Heritage Foundation or some other right wing gathering and spews his words of wisdom...

He is a terrible justice, pure and simple..
  18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

While it's true, liberals would like to see Thomas off the court, it strikes me that your trying to rationalize his behavior. Wouldn't it be more honest to say, I don't care if he murdered someone, I still want him on the court as long as there's a Democrat in the White House. I realize have a sexist SC Justice who's ignorant of the law is exactly what the right wants, but he should at least know enough about the law to follow it himself.
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +188 / 7 / -23

Rangel is elected by his electorate, they decide what he should do.. should he resign, probably.

Thomas is appointed for life to the highest court of the land, and he continually tries to skirt the law... the simple answer is obey it like everyone else does.

You do not understand the sanctity of the Supreme Court, and that they are held to the highest ethical and moral standard, anything less creates an appearance of impropriety....

Everytime Thomas name comes up, remember one thing Anita Hill passed her lie detector test, Thomas refused to take one.. from the get go, he was suspect.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  20. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

There it is..this.