Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How do you feel if we are in the playoff as a WILD CARD?

• Disappointment

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Accomplishment

Votes: 68 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The schedule was supposed to be easy, but that was based on the standings from last year. The AFC east could be the best division in the AFC this year, unless Brady's injury makes everyone else look that much better.

Considering that we have a easy schedule, how do you feel if we are in the playoff as a WILD CARD?

Don't forget to vote. Thank you.

How "easy" our schedule is is relative. Realistically, I think we have to be looking at the Wildcard and hoping for the Division.

The good news is that the Jets, like the Pats, have two non-division games against teams with .500+ records, the Titans and Broncos. We've got the Steelers and Cards. The bad news is that they are a game up on us. If we were even in the standings, the schedule would definitely tilt a little in our favor, even tho I don't like the idea of banking on beating Big Ben or Kurt Warner in a money game. Problem is we have to make up a game.

The Dolphins are the sleeper in this equation. The Fins don't have any non-Division games against anybody with a .500+ record. They've got the Raiders, Rams, Niners and Chiefs, who are 7--29 overall.

The Bills have a slightly tougher road than Miami, but the Broncos are the only non-Division team they play with a .500+ record. Their remaining non-division rivals are 6--21.

Bottom line is that there's no room for error for anybody in the Division now.

We have to beat Miami and Buffalo in their houses in big games, not look past Seattle or the Raiders and split the Steelers and Cards to end up 10--6.

I'm proud of what our guys have accomplished, and, if I thought we had any momentum, I'd say, "hell yeah, we can do that" and would also feel that 11--5 wasn't out of the question, but let's face it, we've had two games in three weeks against teams with a lot on the line (Indy and NYJ) and we lost both of them.

To win the Division, we have to plan on running the table in a series of games in which both teams have their season on the line.

We've got to take care of business and hope for a few breaks along the way. I think I'd put winning the division this year right up there with any of the SB wins in evaluating BB as a Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back