Welcome to PatsFans.com

Disagree with Obama? Well, you must be a racist.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

Disagree with Bush, you're a traitor who hates america. Disagree with Obama, well you must be a racist. :rolleyes:

Coke or Pepsi.

Op-Ed Columnist

Boy, Oh, Boy

By MAUREEN DOWD
    Published: September 12, 2009
    WASHINGTON

Fred R. Conrad/The New York Times
    Maureen Dowd

The normally nonchalant Barack Obama looked nonplussed, as Nancy Pelosi glowered behind.

Surrounded by middle-aged white guys — a sepia snapshot of the days when such pols ran Washington like their own men’s club — Joe Wilson yelled “You lie!” at a president who didn’t.

But, fair or not, what I heard was an unspoken word in the air: You lie, boy!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/opinion/13dowd.html?_r=1&ref=opinion

2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

Have Presidents lied before? Has a southern confederate apologist yelled at them in the middle of a speech on national television?

From where I'm sitting 1+1=2; your math must be different.

3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

May I get you a napkin sir?????? :singing:

[​IMG]

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

From the opinion...

Sometimes if it looks like it, smells like it ... I'm just saying.. do not believe he disagreed, seems more like rude, boorish behavior than disagreement.

5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +178 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

I wounder why anyone would think that this is racially motivated :rolleyes:

The state that fired the first shot of the Civil War has now given us this: Senator Jim DeMint exhorted conservatives to “break” the president by upending his health care plan. Rusty DePass, a G.O.P. activist, said that a gorilla that escaped from a zoo was “just one of Michelle’s ancestors.” Lovelorn Mark Sanford tried to refuse the president’s stimulus money. And now Joe Wilson.

After watching obama continually be attacked for ANYTHING he says or does i have to say its more than just politics.

I once tried to think back to all the people i knew to recall how many of them had ever made any racist remarks, it came out to appx. 10 %. If you took 10 % of the population of the US that comes out to Thirty Million people, thats a lot of racists.

These people seem to have NO respect for Obama if they did they wouldn't be yelling the things they do.

And why don't they have any respect, it seems that race could be the answer. IMO

So she could very well be right in her assumption.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  6. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

You guys are proving my point correct, so thanks. I guess politicians of one party, especially presidents, haven't ever been disagreed with constantly by the opposing side. Nah, that never happens. It sure as heck didn't happen with Bush, or Clinton, etc. Nope, no way. So now the guy is certainly a racist cuz he's from the state that fired a shot a couple of milleniums ago, during the Civil War. Too funny. It cheapens discourse, and debate, when you claim that legit criticisms, and disagreement, is purely racial. Especially when it ends up that the person in question was correct. Of course, Wilson could be a closet KKK member for all we know. The point is, we don't know that he is.

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

You are correct we do not know a lot, but we do know this..

and this was documented previously, whether or not his comments were racially motivated we do not know..

FYI... might want to check out their website, very staunch in their belief that the Confederate Flag should be flying in SC... there is still a ton of anger regarding the war of "Yankee Agression"..

Heritage Defense Reports | SCV

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You must not have heard that he was an aide to Strom Thurmond and that he publicly said that Thurmond's half-black love child should have kept her mouth shut instead of going public, which she didn't. The Thurmond family had already acknowledged the legitimacy of the woman's claim.

This guy has done more to raise suspicion of being a racist than being white from the south. What do you want, photos of him at a Klan rally?

PS--that sig is distracting...and awesome!

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

Suspicion being the key word. People instantly called him a racist for having the audacity to disagree with the president. I think the guy was absolutely classless, and out of line, for disrupting the presidents speech. That was unacceptable IMO. However, to instantly label people who disagree Obama racists, is just as wrong. At least I think so.

BTW, I've tried to change my sig at least 10 times in the last couple of months, and simply can't. I succeeded in "altering" it once though. :)

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

This is also one woman's opinion.. sure others called him racist as well, but bottom line no one knows except Joe..

11. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

I really like how you keep reducing him verbally interrupting the President in the middle of a nationally televised speech to "anyone who disagrees with the President."

It's really fooling us all, keep up the work.

12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I act on suspicion a lot. It's been a good practice in the balance.

I don't think Bill O is racist. I don't think Ralph Nader is racist. I don't think Newt Gingrich is racist. They all disagree with Obama. I'm not racist.

I think Hitler was racist (that one's for Foggy). So was PW Botha. David Duke is a racist. Jesse Helms was a racist. La Raza is racist. The Black Congressional Caucus is racist. The last two agree with Obama.

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +721 / 2 / -9

Racism Got Obama Elected

14. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +178 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

:nono: "W" Cheney, Addington, Fife, Jon Yoo, Browney etc. got him elected, it was a group effort.

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

As usual you can't see the for the trees pal. ;)

16. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -2

#70 Jersey

IOC, you bunch of racists!