PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DirecTV Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I recently switched from cable to DirecTV so now I have NFL Ticket, Red Zone, etc.

I also added the Sports Pack which includes a bunch of regional sports channels including NESN (628) and Comcast SportsNet New England (630). Last week I tried to record programs like Patriots Wednesday, Patriots Football Weekly and Patriots This Week but none of them recorded. I don't recall the exact message I got when I tried to play it but it appears that these programs are blacked out. Are those shows only available to customers in the New England area? If so, why would they do that?

Also I am looking at channels 704 and 705 where they play 30 minute shortcuts of each game on Monday and Tuesday. I don't see Dolphins-Pats however. Do they skip producing the Monday night games? Do they also skip Sunday night games? or how do they decide which games they do a shortcut for?

I recently switched from cable to DirecTV so now I have NFL Ticket, Red Zone, etc.

I also added the Sports Pack which includes a bunch of regional sports channels including NESN (628) and Comcast SportsNet New England (630). Last week I tried to record programs like Patriots Wednesday, Patriots Football Weekly and Patriots This Week but none of them recorded. I don't recall the exact message I got when I tried to play it but it appears that these programs are blacked out. Are those shows only available to customers in the New England area? If so, why would they do that?

Also I am looking at channels 704 and 705 where they play 30 minute shortcuts of each game on Monday and Tuesday. I don't see Dolphins-Pats however. Do they skip producing the Monday night games? Do they also skip Sunday night games? or how do they decide which games they do a shortcut for?

They won't show games that are not on the Sunday schedule between 1:00 and 7:00

I also complain about paying $12.50 for the Sports package and fail to get PPW but Comcast Sports show with Felger does come on...other programs are blacked out and you won't receive them unless you want to pay $3.50 for an extra channel that will show it all the time but should have already been included already.

DirecThieVes are a ripoff at times.

Yeah, those shows are usually blacked out, I have no idea why. I think I got Curren's show last year but, honestly, I didn't try this week so I'm not sure if those pregame shows are available out of the area this year.

You should be able to get/record the Sports Tonight and the show before it which are on nightly from 3-4 pacific and 7-8 pacific, they usually have 10-15 minutes of Patriots each depending on the season. You should also get Sports Sunday (Sunday night) with no problem and (these are all 630, I've never tried 628) also after the Patriots' games they have a post game show which you should be able to get. So you should get everything except those weekly pre-game shows.

Last edited:

As long as you get to watch the game your are all set, You'll get better Pats info on this board then all those dog and pony shows combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back