PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Updated 2/15] Dinosaur Bob Ryan w/ a 3 Days Behind Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously Bob, it's time for the assisted living community.

He advertised his blockbuster ('Let's just say the people at Patriot Place won't be too happy') column three days ago.

So I just read it and it is a Shank derivation about Belichick bringing it onto himself because he is not nice to the media, and thus it ruins his and Kraft's legacy. Na na na boo boo the taint will never go away! Kraft will never ever be a success, history is written by us newspaper men and he is doomed, etc.

Typical Joe Sullivan/Shank Shaughnessy Morrissey Boulevard propaganda against that Brookline guy for getting too uppity.

There it is in a neat summary, so no need for a link.

The "Play ball with us or we'll bury you" media assholes - mostly ancient, bitter and out of touch people like Ryan who were irrelevant before [Mod edit - politics, poster should know better]- must seethe at night that they just can't seem to find the right words to write away the unprecedented success enjoyed by the Patriots during the Belichick era.

Oh yes, so why is it 3 days behind? He completed it on Thursday and marketed it on radio, etc then and Friday.

The critique centered on Belichick's Thursday presser.

Poor ol' fella. Still stuck in the Life magazine, pre-internet 24/7 era. Someone had to tell him there aren't "Evening Editions" anymore. He got into his Datsun and cried about how he misses that nice Mr. Yawkey.

Last edited:
One would think the Globe would put something about the press conference on the front page instead of his filth. Much more interesting.

According to the media, you either play ball or get negative press. Ask Rex Ryan how that NY media defended him after he gave all those soundbytes for them. That is why I kind of admire what Marshawn Lynch is doing. The media ripped him apart in Buffalo, and he prefers to just do his talking on the field.

Didn´t Belichick also go through some media scrutiny in Cleveland as well?

Anyone remember when Bob Ryan said Jason Kidd's wife should be 'smacked?' Bob Ryan believed that a domestic violence victim should be smacked. Belichick could let all the air out of every football in the world, then use that same needle to shoot-up with some black tar goodness, and it still isn't as bad as wanting to beat an already beaten woman.

Yes, but Belichick did the Brown's equivalent/version of coming in and replacing Brady with Garappolo... and from what I've read, Bill wasn't as nice and understanding with the media as he is today. :D

Yes, but Belichick did the Brown's equivalent/version of coming in and replacing Brady with Garappolo... and from what I've read, Bill wasn't as nice and understanding with the media as he is today. :D

Wow, bad analogy there.

Kosar in 1993 was nowhere near Brady of 2014/2015.

And Testaverde was a 7 yr vet and former Heisman winner. Not exactly the 2014 Division II graduate Jimmy G.

Other than that, the analogy was quite illuminating.

Wow, bad analogy there.

Kosar in 1993 was nowhere near Brady of 2014/2015.

And Testaverde was a 7 yr vet and former Heisman winner. Not exactly the 2014 Division II graduate Jimmy G.

Other than that, the analogy was quite illuminating.

Kosar was a beloved hero to Cleveland, that being my main point, but I do muddle the analogy with Garappolo agreed.

Last edited:
Imagine these baseball, basketball writers for boston, they used to probably strut around the globe and herald offices like demi-gods. Then the Pats BB, and TFB came and they are no longer so relevent. They want their place on Olympus again, and they hav never let up. ryan. schaun, etc.

Kosar was a beloved hero to Cleveland, that being my main point, but I do muddle the analogy with Garappolo agreed.

Ah, I hear ya. Good point about Kosar.

Imagine these baseball, basketball writers for boston, they used to probably strut around the globe and herald offices like demi-gods. Then the Pats BB, and TFB came and they are no longer so relevent. They want their place on Olympus again, and they hav never let up. ryan. schaun, etc.

.....and they hate Mike Reiss and Tommy Curran with the power of a thousand burning suns.

Reminds me of a story heard a while ago, in the 70's to the 90's the press were king in this area, and the GM's and managers would dare not offend.. they feared their negative rants and raves.

Then along came BB, Terry, Doc and to a lesser extent Claude.. all of a sudden a winning culture and really good coaches trumped the tired old scribes and when the organizations no longer were smacking their butts, they all developed serious cases of butthurt... and responded the only way they know how.

He is a dumbass who said Havlicek in his prime would crush Kobe one on one. Every time he speaks I just laugh.

The upside after this past week's circus, is how much closer ESPN and CNN moved the evolutionary scale to going the way of pterodactyl Bob.

Thats putting it mildly.

If you think Bill is contentious with the press now, you should check out some old press conferences from the CLE days.

Well at least he is right about one thing, this is all about the Sports Media hating BB because he holds them in contempt for being ignorant A**holes.

He is absolutely horrible on the ESPN sports morning show totally ignoring the science experiment BB challenged everybody to repeat

He is absolutely horrible on the ESPN sports morning show totally ignoring the science experiment BB challenged everybody to repeat

Why would they do that?? It is much better to have made a decision and continue to run their mouths without verifying any evidence, after all Mark Brunnell cried and Troy Aikman agreed.. if the did it they might lose 3 listeners or a couple of social media followers.

Patriots should also sue him for slander, saying there were other instances of "cheating" besides the camera stuff in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back