PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dinner with the coach #2 - questions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We are lucky enough to be able to go the the "dinner with the coach" event this Wednesday night.

There is a question & answer period - I need a really good question to ask.

Please be smart about it and don't ask me to ask him about the Linda, cameras or his boys.

Please do try to come up with a really intelligent question that would enable me ask him about some insights about the game that the man has from his perspective as a hall of fame coach.

I will post after the event.

Anyone else going??

I really, really want to know why he wore a red hoodie instead of the his trademark gray one to the SB.

I would ask him what is absolute favorite play to call is both on offense and defense

Want to know if he has issues staying focused during times of adversity?? Does he ever think of saying the hell with it?? What motivates him to keep on keeping on..

I've always been curious about what he considers the most difficult personnel decision he's made, emotionally speaking. In the past he said it was cutting Lawyer, but I'd like to hear what he has to say now.

Here's one I'm curious about--at what point did the Pats first consider drafting #12 (clearly they passed on him at least once), and, if the salary cap had not been an issue, how much would that have affected their decision?

I would love someone to ask him on his thoughts on evaluating a 1-gap 34scheme linebacker versus a linebacker that would work better in his system. Ask him to go over what makes a 1-gap type, versus a zone type and how those differenciate from his scheme.

That, or ask him what defenses he drew from in the design of his scheme and how those defenses correlate to the current offensive trends in the league.

Why doesn't this team run more slant routes for the outside receivers?

Did he send a Get Well card to Spector ?

Ask him why teams that lose the Super Bowl tend to slump badly the following season, and how he plans to prevent the Patriots from following suit.

Last edited:
Why doesn't this team run more slant routes for the outside receivers?

And why didn't he run a slant, or (my 1st choice) a draw play on 3rd/7 from the jints' 25 in the 3rd quarter?

So many questions, so little time.

I still can't believe we lost that effin game.

Last edited:
You won't get an answer, but ask him about re-signing Tom Brady. He becomes a free agent after the 2010 season and with an uncapped year it has become much harder to sign him and spread the cap hit out over the length of the contract.

I am going too.

The question I am going to go with is....Can we hear you call out a play as it would be called into Tom's helmet and translate each part so we can better understand what the QB is told and what it means?

the key to me is you have to ask something that he obviously wont ignore, and you also want to get him going on something too. I would love to hear a little about our terminoligy and just hear him explain any given play. You know see him break out the chalk board.

Last edited:
1. What percentage of plays does Tom Brady call on his own?

2. Was he about to draft Ray Lewis before he got canned by Modell?

3. Did he have any input into those Giants drafts in the 80's or was that all just George Young?

I would love someone to ask him on his thoughts on evaluating a 1-gap 34scheme linebacker versus a linebacker that would work better in his system. Ask him to go over what makes a 1-gap type, versus a zone type and how those differenciate from his scheme.

That, or ask him what defenses he drew from in the design of his scheme and how those defenses correlate to the current offensive trends in the league.

If you ask this question... be sure to record it. You can bottle it and sell it as a sleep aide later on down the road. You'll make a fortune.

Last edited:
If he were a tree, what kind oh never mind...
How about , if you weren't coaching football, what do you think you'd be doing????

I really, really want to know why he wore a red hoodie instead of the his trademark gray one to the SB.

Maybe that has a stupid premiss, but I too wonder that. (Yes it was not the fashions that lost, we know.)

I have to second this question.

I have a few questions i want answered:

1.) what is his favorite beer?
2.) What is his favorite alcoholic beverage?
3.) Does he play poker, if so, what games?
4.) Who is his favorite American Gladiator?(the old gladiators, not this new crap)
5.) Was he also disappointed with Indiana Jones 4?
6.) How many hours a day does he sleep on average?

Last edited:
"You gonna finish that last piece of steak, coach?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes