PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dinner with Bill Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I don't have enough posts to creat a new thread for this, but since this is related to the dinner with Belichick through the Extra Points program, I thought I'd post it here.)

Earlier this week, it was announced that the NFL is switching from Bank of America to Barclaycard for its credit cards and the Extra Points program. Apparently, all us cardholders will be getting something in the mail about this next week, but I just noticed this morning that the Patriots Extra Points web site has already been updated with a new list of FAQ's regarding the change:

https://points.patriots.com/index.cfm?AC=Learn_FAQ

The current BoA cards will continue to earn points through 7/31/10, AND if you don't redeem all your points by 8/31/10, they will EXPIRE. The points DO NOT transfer over from BoA to Barclays.

This is pretty crappy for those of us who have been saving up for the bigger point value redemption items, like the dinner with Belichick or tickets. Now we'll either have to redeem for some of the smaller items, or lose them and start over with accumulating points.

To make matters worse, they also upped the redemption values on tickets from last year. Last year, you could get club seats or 100 level end zone for less than 50,000 points. Now 100 level seats are 75,000 points and upper bowl are 45,000 (I believe they were 30,000 last year but not 100% sure on that). When I saw the program was ending, I figured I'd redeem my points for some end zone seats (I have 53K pts right now), but now I won't even be able to do that. Looks like I'll have to redeem them for 300 level instead so I don't lose them.

Also, we will automatically receive new Bank of America non-NFL cards and will have to manually switch over to Barclays.

I have no problem with the NFL switching card issuers and I'll probably sign up for the new Patriots Barclays card, but I think its a big PR mistake to not allow cardholders to transition previously earned points to the new card issuer!!!

Welcome to the Omissioner Roger Badell's NFL, Bob. Fan on the street be damned.

WTF does Kraft see in this scumbag?

(I don't have enough posts to creat a new thread for this, but since this is related to the dinner with Belichick through the Extra Points program, I thought I'd post it here.)

Earlier this week, it was announced that the NFL is switching from Bank of America to Barclaycard for its credit cards and the Extra Points program. Apparently, all us cardholders will be getting something in the mail about this next week, but I just noticed this morning that the Patriots Extra Points web site has already been updated with a new list of FAQ's regarding the change:

https://points.patriots.com/index.cfm?AC=Learn_FAQ

The current BoA cards will continue to earn points through 7/31/10, AND if you don't redeem all your points by 8/31/10, they will EXPIRE. The points DO NOT transfer over from BoA to Barclays.

This is pretty crappy for those of us who have been saving up for the bigger point value redemption items, like the dinner with Belichick or tickets. Now we'll either have to redeem for some of the smaller items, or lose them and start over with accumulating points.

To make matters worse, they also upped the redemption values on tickets from last year. Last year, you could get club seats or 100 level end zone for less than 50,000 points. Now 100 level seats are 75,000 points and upper bowl are 45,000 (I believe they were 30,000 last year but not 100% sure on that). When I saw the program was ending, I figured I'd redeem my points for some end zone seats (I have 53K pts right now), but now I won't even be able to do that. Looks like I'll have to redeem them for 300 level instead so I don't lose them.

Also, we will automatically receive new Bank of America non-NFL cards and will have to manually switch over to Barclays.

I have no problem with the NFL switching card issuers and I'll probably sign up for the new Patriots Barclays card, but I think its a big PR mistake to not allow cardholders to transition previously earned points to the new card issuer!!!

Yeah I am gonna get hosed on my points too. I cashed in a large portion of my points last year for sideline passes (which I took my dad to in order to return the favor on multiple BB diners) and I have built it back up to like 10,000 but it isnt enough for much more than a tour of the stadium which I am sure I have seen most of by now..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back