PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Dink and dunk"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just call it The Brady System.

Has "Dink and Dunk" replaced WCO?

Thats what I saw

"Bill Walsh's West Coast Offense differs from traditional offense by emphasizing a short, horizontal passing attack to help stretch the defense out, thus opening up options for longer running plays and longer passes that can achieve greater gains. The West Coast Offense as implemented under Walsh features precisely run pass patterns by the receivers that make up about 65% to 80% of the offensive scheme. With the defense stretched out, the offense is then free to focus the remaining plays on longer throws of more than 14 yards and mid to long yard rushes."

West Coast offense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Patriots' offense is a little bit different from the pure WCO of teams like the Seahawks, but it's pretty much a variation of that. It's actually very similar to the offense the Saints run.

Last edited:
If anything Manning is dink and dunk. He is averaging 1 less YPA than Brady this year.

Oh, I think he's a devious weasel, I won't forgive him. But, I don't pay him and there's no guarantee we would have won with him.

He just happens to be perfect for our offense, while Moss was more like a separate offense.

Won't forgive him? That's really vain.

The Patriots' offense is a little bit different from the pure WCO of teams like the Seahawks, but it's pretty much a variation of that. It's actually very similar to the offense the Saints run.

Oh, I agree
Saints play all 4 offfensive philosophies that are run in the NFL, not many do that, even the Colts dont. Colts are vertical/spread offense. N.E. is one of the few offenses mixing these philosophies. I think the problem with mixing these is most QB's cant deal with the complexity of it. Farve/Smith could hardly grasp WCO alone, but Brady can easily manage all 4.

as I understand them

#1 The balanced offense =which uses the run to set up the pass,

#2 the west coast offense = which uses the short passing game to set up the run,

#3 the spread offense = which Brees played in sometimes at Purdue along with the west coast offense,
and #4 the vertical offense = which requires a cannon arm quarterback and fast receivers.

What I meant was isn't Dink and dunk just WCO?

Last edited:
"Dink and dunk","small ball" when you dont like it ,or,as 3363... pointed out "west coast offence"when references are made to Walsh,the 49 ers ,then the Pats running a similiar type offence in 01,03,04.It works,much harder to defend,I hope we ride it to the next championship....

I would like to propose this name for the offense:

The "How the f#$% did the Pats drop 30+ on us already?!?" System.

On a related note, I don't know if I've ever seen a player who engenders as much jealousy in opposing fans as Brady does. It's amazing the ridiculous lengths they'll go to diminish his lofty accomplishments. It's awesome.

How about the West Coast Spread? Joking....

I'll admit to thinking that the Pats, like most teams, throw underneath (a more accurate term) when needed. However, I always saw it as a means to set up biggers passing plays on the outside and downfield. It's hard to argue with success.

Two words:

Shake

&

Bake

I mean if you're not first your last.

perhaps "read and react"

Tread em' and Spread em'?

"Throw to Smurfs"

"Floss and Toss"
Because that's how much time he has in the pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes