Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dingobats Hate Her Worse Than Bush

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

CNN: In a speech introducing Michael Reagan — the son of former President Ronald Reagan — to an audience in Anchorage, Palin warned that the government is planning to "bail out debt ridden states" so it can "get in there and control the people."

"Since when can you get out of huge national debt by creating trillions of dollars of new debt?" Palin asked. "It all really is so backwards and skewed as to sound like absolute nonsense when some of this economic policy is explained."

CNN: Palin: Government wants to 'control the people'
    RealClearPolitics - Video - Palin: Government Wants To "Control The People"
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

"Since when can you get out of huge national debt by creating trillions of dollars of new debt?" Palin asked. "It all really is so backwards and skewed as to sound like absolute nonsense when some of this economic policy is explained."

I can't believe what an idiot she is! She thinks that Obama's economic strategy is to get us out of debt. His first order of business is to get the wheels of capitalism turning again (and he's succeeding) and to ensure that those who are hit hard by this recession are taken care of. He's not trying to get us out of debt right now. That will come later on. Palin remains the fool she always was.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Most liberals I know love Sarah, along with Newt, Michelle, Rush, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, O'Reilly and Hannity.. they provide great comedy and every time they open their mouths they make a few more republicans question why they represent the party of family values..
  4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

She is so much smarter than Obama. But than again so are most people.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

Well History tells us that she is correct and Obama is wrong. As I said BEFORE he took office, his economic poiciies are J Carter on steroids. Carter was a disaster economically that Reagan had to rescue us from. Hopefully there will be a economic conservative that will be able to undo the devastation the democrats will inflict on the economy.
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Every single budget Regan submitted was higher than the one actually enacted by the Democratic Congress that was in charge during his tenure. What Regan actually was was the shrub minus the lapdog Congress doing whatever he wanted. Give Regan the same Congress Bush had and you end up with Bush: the Prequel.
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

What's the analogy to Carter? Carter engaged in deregulation and kept deficit spending as a percent of GDP level. Reagan engaged in deregulation and increased deficit spending to what was then record amounts. Obama is implementing regulations and increasing deficit spending to record amounts. As I see it, Carter had more in common with Reagan than with Obama. That's why Carter brought us a recession, and Reagan used a Keynsian approach to buy us out of the recession.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

Apparently you forget the stagflaction of the 70's perhaps you were a 'student' living off the government rather than a taxpayer back them.

I will predict that Obama's economic forecast are overstated and that the deficits will be far higher than the CBO projects. I will also predict that interest rates will be well into double digits. This will cause another severe recession and chock off t=any recovery.

I am looking out about 2 years here.

We will see whether you or I are correct and who is wrong.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

The two most likely situations that America will be in by the year 2012.

1..Barack Hussein Obama will have even lower ratings then GW Bush and he will be defeated by the largest landslide this country has ever seen, no matter who his opponent is.

OR

2..We will have a full fledged "Dictatorship" with the Government running every aspect of your life, most of your freedoms will be gone, a Police State will be in place, Bill Ayers, Uncle Reverend Jeremiah Wright and Aunt Zucchini will be regular Overnight Guests at the White House.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

So you're not talking about policy, you're merely speculating that Obama's policies will lead to similar results to those of Carter. I speculate differently.

Oh, come on, you're right about. Every President always overstates things.

You can always hope.

I think regulation will help prevent companies from trying to manipulate the economy. I think Carter's problem was that he was too soft on corporate America, and they were able to play games. I think Obama is really quite tough, and it will harder for that to happen. But, like you said, we will see.
  11. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

of course you do............you blindly love every little thing that obama does..........
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

More irony... you blindly loved everything the C-student-in-Chief did.
  13. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

really? show me where
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

Of course the part of the economy that led to our problems also happened to be the most regulated part of the economy, ie the financial services industry.

Also with the government (a monopoly) running companies there will be far more corruption than there would be otherwise as decisions are made for political rather than business reasons.

We see this already as the legal parties in the car co bailouts were screwed in favor of parties like the UAW with political clout. Citi and Goldman are favored due to their extensive connections to the dem party. Car dealers are cut on the basis of who they donate to.