Not open for further replies.

Dingleberry

A master debater and a cunning linguist
PatsFans.com Supporter
NFL Picks Grand Champ!
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I do not believe in fantasy football because I refuse to in any way support a play on a team I want to lose.

I do not gamble, because I do not have the will power to bet with my brain. It's all heart.

I love football, and make an attempt to watch as many games as possible each week. As I sit in front of a couple of TV's and a computer for the first week of games, these are my choices for who should win. NOT who I predict will win....who I WANT to win. Unless it is a 1st or maybe 2nd round pick that we own from another team, I generally do not care about picks.

I'd be curious if anyone else has differences on who they want to win various games. Even the ones that have no meaning for the Patriots? I can always find a reason!

Dallas at NY Giants

There are very very few reasons to support the Cowboys. Watching the Giants be the 1st SB winner to lose its home opener (since they started the opening night game) is one of those reasons. Go Cowboys!

Indianapolis at Chicago

I am long since over SB XX, so I have no dislike of the Bears. Sure, Cutler is a turd, but hardly a player worth hating. The Colts are not a threat in the AFC this year. However, old habits don't die easily. Whenever I see that horseshoe, I really see Manning and Polian. Gotta go with the Bears.

Philadelphia at Cleveland

Like Indy, the Browns are no threat in the AFC. And watching Vick lose can never be a bad thing. Who knows? Maybe the Browns gain confidence from winning this game and play tougher against the rest of that division. Browns in an upset!

Atlanta at Kansas City

I want Romeo to do well. I'd rather see KC win that division than Denver or San Diego. However, NFC team vs. potential AFC contender means go for the NFC team. Could mean the difference in playoff seeding. Falcons!

Jacksonville at Minnesota

I sort of feel sorry for the Jags. But since they will be the Los Angeles Jaguars soon enough, always gotta go against that city. Besides, Childress is long gone. Go Vikings!

Washington at New Orleans

I'd like to see RG3 fall on his face just because of the hype (even though he seems to be a likeable chap). I feel no sort of "-gate" brotherhood feeling for the Saints. If the Patriots get back to the SB, the Saints have one offense I would rather no watch play against the bend and sometimes break D. Cheer for the Indians!

Buffalo at NY Jets

If this week 17 and the Bills were 15-1 and the Pats were 15-1, I would still have trouble going against the Bills. But it's week 1. The correct answer is Buffalo!

St. Louis at Detroit

Detroit is pretty unlikable, but I don't like Fisher either. Hmmm. When all else is equal, go with the underdog. Tonight, a dynasty is born. Rams win!

Miami at Houston

No brainer. Go Dolphins! Blasphemy? Perhaps, but let's face it. Miami is going to be bad, and the Texans are a threat. Any loss for Houston is good for the Patriots.

San Francisco at Green Bay

Meh. They are both NFC contenders. We play the 49ers, but not until winter. I still kind of like Moss, and I find Aaron Rodgers' title belt thing to be as queer as a three dollar bill. 49ers!

Seattle at Arizona

There is no way the Cardinals start the season 2-0, so let them get a win in week 1. Besides, Pete Carroll's schtick is annoying, and Braylon Edwards is Braylon Edwards. Cardinals all the way!

Carolina at Tampa Bay

I'll admit that it is tough to pick a side on this one. But Belichick likes the Tampa coach, and the Cam hype machine could use a hiccup or two. Go Bucs!

Pittsburgh at Denver

Oh man! This one isn't fair. I despise the Steelers for many reasons. My feelings for the Broncos were pretty much the same...and then came Manning. Both are potential playoff teams. Cheer for Manning? Cheer for the Steelers? Nope, can't do it. Instead, I will cheer for one team to lose--and ignore the fact that one of them won. LOSE Steelers!

Cincinnati at Baltimore

Bengals may or may not be a playoff team this year. I say not. But they must beat the Ravens. WIN Tigers!

San Diego at Oakland

Much like I expect my hatred of the Colts to diminish over the coming years, my distaste for the Raiders has nearly disappeared. Those Halloween idiots in the stadium notwithstanding, I cannot come up with a reason to go against what should be an average team. And three years removal is not enough to wash away LdT's whiny stench off the Chargers. Go Raiders!

Buffalo at NY Jets

If this week 17 and the Bills were 15-1 and the Pats were 15-1, I would still have trouble going against the Bills. But it's week 1. The correct answer is Buffalo!

I read this like 3 times and still don't understand it :confused:

(BTW, there's another long-time poster here that does this same thing every week of the regular season, including (sometimes controversially) draft pick implications.)

I read this like 3 times and still don't understand it :confused:

(BTW, there's another long-time poster here that does this same thing every week of the regular season, including (sometimes controversially) draft pick implications.)

Glug, glug, type, type
...that's how it's characterized at my place of work!
:D

You have to be a tough guy, with a name like Dingleberry.

Almost as tough as a man named Sue ;)

Thought it was a "boy" named sue.

Pittsburgh at Denver

Oh man! This one isn't fair. I despise the Steelers for many reasons. My feelings for the Broncos were pretty much the same...and then came Manning. Both are potential playoff teams. Cheer for Manning? Cheer for the Steelers? Nope, can't do it. Instead, I will cheer for one team to lose--and ignore the fact that one of them won. LOSE Steelers!

What you haven't heard of a tie. Puts both teams a half game down and makes them both play an extra quarter of punishment. Twice the schadenfreude.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing