PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dillon Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
my understanding was we pay $4.4 if he was here, or $3.5 if he isnt? is that incorrect?

the numbers are close to(I think slightly more) that but we can spread the hit out over two years if we choose.

And thanks for the years of service. Your 1600 yard season will go down in patriot lore. Best back ive seen in person.

Last edited:
I wonder how he's going to look in green.

Yeah, thanks for 2004. After that - he'd won his ring and he was just another guy.

Yeah, thanks for 2004. After that - he'd won his ring and he was just another guy.

I think that 2004 season took alot out of him. I dont think he played like a content player the past two years he just physicly wasnt the same.

It all works out. He wanted out and I don't think he was the same back that he was when he won a championship with the Pats. The Pats should be able to replace him more cheaply and have more money to work with.

I do think that his move was shady. If you want to retire, retire. Don't say that you want to be released to retire, but look toward other options.

Loved what he did in Cincy and appreciated his time in NE.

my understanding was we pay $4.4 if he was here, or $3.5 if he isnt? is that incorrect?

We save $4.7 both in cash and cap by cutting him.

If we cut him now, we pay him $0. We have a dead money hit of roughly $3.5M which we can apply either 100% to 2007 or 33% to 2007 and 66% to 2008.

If we keep him this season and cut him next year, we pay more than $4.7M. We have a cap hit this year of $4.4M, and a dead money hit next year of $3.8M.

We also could have kept him for three years for more than $9.7M.

This thread reads like a eulogy. :D

Lets try to remember Corey for everything he was, and not everything he wasn't.

Thanks for the 2004 Championship.

You will be sorely missed, and never forgotten.

It all works out. He wanted out and I don't think he was the same back that he was when he won a championship with the Pats. The Pats should be able to replace him more cheaply and have more money to work with.

I do think that his move was shady. If you want to retire, retire. Don't say that you want to be released to retire, but look toward other options.

Loved what he did in Cincy and appreciated his time in NE.

Well said. My exact thoughts.

Corey, thank you for putting the "running game" back in New England! You were a stud! Too bad we couldn't have you earlier in your career.

:'( :'( Good luck dillon whatever you do from now on.

Thanks for being such a great Pats player and teammate Corey! Loved watching you "kill the clock"!!!

Im o.k with it. Pass, Faulk, and Maroney are good enough for me.

FYI, Pass is a FA. No guarantee he will return, they did bring in Sammy Morris today according to Reiss.

Cheers to Corey, he had a hell of a season in 2005. I don't think they win it all w/o him.

But he wasn't the same in the last couple years due to injury and age.

sorry for being technical, but I believe you are referencing his great 1600+ yard perfomance in 2004. He was actually quite bad/hurt in 2005.

I loved his nastiness. Thanks and good luck, CD. But please don't go to NYJ.

PJ, who cares if he does? Adalius will smash him into the Field Turf!

Last edited:
This thread reads like a eulogy. :D

It is........... as much as I loved CD. His career is done/dead.

sure, we'll see him in other colors {probably green}, but mark it, he's done. All the same.... Thanks dude, I'll always remember the good times.

Last edited:
I'll miss Corey. You would see him go out there sometimes and you knew he was going to run some people over and get things done, whether getting that first, or killing clock, whatever. He could have helped us on our way to some more rings.

Still, I understand why he wants to leave. He isn't getting any younger, and he can still compete at an elite level. I think sitting on the bench watching another RB take most of the carries isn't something that he wants to see happen again. If he doesn't retire, he will go somewhere now, and cement his legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes