PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

dillon is to obi-won as lomo is to skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
kara henderson jus said on nfl network that dillon said he doesnt care if hes the one or two in the one two punch

he compared himself to obi-won kenobi and maroney to skywalker (hopefully its luke and not anakin)

Last edited:
I tried to like it, but I don't like the lomo name. Too much like slomo and Lawrence Maroney is anything but.

patsfan55 said:
kara henderson jus said on nfl network that dillon said he doesnt care if hes the one or two in the one two punch

he compared himself to obi-won kenobi and mauroney to skywalker (hopefully its luke and not anakin)
Ok so he's a starwar-geek.
I won't hold that agingst him as a player:rolleyes:
I know the whole idea of this is he's been a mentor to maroney,believe it heard it before.

patsfan55 said:

he compared himself to obi-won kenobi and maroney to skywalker (hopefully its luke and not anakin)

:D

Good point at the end though. The last thing we need is the dark side planted deep within our roster.

Photoshop anyone?

Star-Wars---Episode-I---Anakin-Vertical-Poster-C10007557.jpeg

That was a funny quote.

Maybe the quote of the preseason...the whole thing -- not caring about being #1 or #2 and keeping the eye on the prize. Despite Mike Reiss giving Dillon a thumbs down, his goal line stampede against their first-team was vintage Corey -- I can't remember anything like that in '05.

Corey Dillon gets a major thumbs up, not only his performance on the field, but just as importantly for his ATTITUDE. Imagine a guy like Reiss evaluating professional football players :rofl:

The camera also caught a couple of Corey's inimitable facial expressions. This whole unity theme isn't an act, just watch the backs on the sidelines...they're cheerleaders...it's a beautiful thing. Add in Twelve's quote about our lack of "me-first" receivers and you almost have to pinch yourself.

the taildragger said:
Maybe the quote of the preseason...the whole thing -- not caring about being #1 or #2 and keeping the eye on the prize. Despite Mike Reiss giving Dillon a thumbs down, his goal line stampede against their first-team was vintage Corey -- I can't remember anything like that in '05.

how bout that block that mills had to spring the run

Pre Season doesn't tell the full story. Corey is looking better than last year. You take out Maroneys 12 yard run and his average isnt that great. If you look at the tape Dillon had no where to run. The line was inconsistant. They will be a great tandom together but with two of your key lineman gone last night, it wasn't a true test. The thumbs down from the reporter is stupid. The other thing that isn't put into a stat is how much Dillon ABUSES the defense and wears them down for the other runners. That free saftey last night didnt want anything to do with tackles after a few pops from Dillon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back