PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dillon and Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Make sure you watch the Aug 1 PATRIOTS TODAY.

Dillon and Maroney are being interviewed by a gaggle of reporters, and both are having fun. Then Dillon says Maroney is good, and a reproter asks Dillon if Maroney is better than Dillon was as a rookie. Maroney leaves the interview and Dillon deflects the question by himself.

Man, stupid reporters. Just keep on trying to build a controversy where none exists.

BTW, Maroney and Dillon handled this so smoothly, I have to wonder if Dillon prepped him on how they would handle situations like this. Either that, or Maroney is much smart beyond his years.

By walking away, he effectively ends the interview, punishing the reporters. Also, he lets Dillon answer any way he (Dillon) wants to without reproters turning to him (Maroney) and asking, "How do you feel about that?"

They seem pretty tight, and I'm thinking (knowing Dillon's dislike of the media) that they pre-determined their response to questions designed to cause a rift. It would be interesting to see if Dillon walks away if Maroney gets a question designed to cause trouble.

I saw that too this morning and thought it was pretty funny. Proves to me that they are getting along just fine! I laughed when they asked Dillon about the Cincinatti game and he was quick to say "oh I'll be there!" with a smirk on his face. Dillon is going to be really jacked up for that game!

Last edited:
spacecrime said:
Make sure you watch the Aug 1 PATRIOTS TODAY.

Dillon and Maroney are being interviewed by a gaggle of reporters, and both are having fun. Then Dillon says Maroney is good, and a reproter asks Dillon if Maroney is better than Dillon was as a rookie. Maroney leaves the interview and Dillon deflects the question by himself.

Man, stupid reporters. Just keep on trying to build a controversy where none exists.

BTW, Maroney and Dillon handled this so smoothly, I have to wonder if Dillon prepped him on how they would handle situations like this. Either that, or Maroney is much smart beyond his years.

By walking away, he effectively ends the interview, punishing the reporters. Also, he lets Dillon answer any way he (Dillon) wants to without reproters turning to him (Maroney) and asking, "How do you feel about that?"

They seem pretty tight, and I'm thinking (knowing Dillon's dislike of the media) that they pre-determined their response to questions designed to cause a rift. It would be interesting to see if Dillon walks away if Maroney gets a question designed to cause trouble.

Could be Maroney is a student of the game and realizes he gets to learn from one of the best ever. If not top 10, I'd say top 20.

That's some great stuff. If it's an act, Larry and Corey sure have me fooled. They look relaxed and tight with each other.

Patriots Today is well-done. Except that I still need an interpreter to figure out what Lori Baranski is saying (OK, hold the jokes about cheerleaders being seen and not heard......).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey