PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dillion,washed up?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tantrix

Rookie
Reaction score
On the front of Patsfans.Com there is an article saying Corey went off on some reporters due to the rumor that he is old and washed Up...I for one,think Dillion is a CLASS Act.the guy is such a workhorse,and this is just a down year.I think he's got every reason to be upset,He's a very tough player and critiques himself to a point where you can actually see him on the sidelines getting irked for not being able to find his holes.I tip my hat to the guy.He's really excited to be able to play for us,and it shows and I dont think washed up is even a term can should,can be used.Heck No sir!.Lets pray Corey,Kevin,Patrick and the rest of our boys come with there A game tomorrow.Cheers to Dillion..LETS GO PATS!!!!!

Tantrix said:
On the front of Patsfans.Com there is an article saying Corey went off on some reporters due to the rumor that he is old and washed Up...I for one,think Dillion is a CLASS Act.the guy is such a workhorse,and this is just a down year.I think he's got every reason to be upset,He's a very tough player and critiques himself to a point where you can actually see him on the sidelines getting irked for not being able to find his holes.I tip my hat to the guy.He's really excited to be able to play for us,and it shows and I dont think washed up is even a term can should,can be used.Heck No sir!.Lets pray Corey,Kevin,Patrick and the rest of our boys come with there A game tomorrow.Cheers to Dillion..LETS GO PATS!!!!!

Agreed, now shush please, we've got this disrespect thing going here and you're going to blow it with this kind of post! ;)

Tantrix said:

Look, Dillon came here and had a hell of a year and got himself a SB ring.

This year he decided to take the year off after getting a contract extension. He looks old and fat and can't hit the hole with any explosiveness. He's been faking injuries all season. And, to top it off, he blames the O-line for not making holes that my gandmother could run through.

And, now he acting a little angry because people are bringing this all up to him. Well, he should be angry, very angry. He should feel as if he something to prove tomorrow night. Unless he's too old and tired to do it.

PATSNUTme said:

This year he decided to take the year off after getting a contract extension. He looks old and fat and can't hit the hole with any explosiveness. He's been faking injuries all season. And, to top it off, he blames the O-line for not making holes that my gandmother could run through.

And, now he acting a little angry because people are bringing this all up to him. Well, he should be angry, very angry. He should feel as if he something to prove tomorrow night. Unless he's too old and tired to do it.

Nice recovery Nut! :rocker:

Just watch Dillon block (when he is asked to). He does an amazing job. That is the sort of grunt job that you don't do (well) when you have "packed it in". Dillon has played hard and well. The blocking for him has been poor. I have seen him hit way to much in the backfield.

Last edited:
I do not know the answer. All I know is the running game has not been good.
There are many changes on the Oline and Graham has not been playing.

Also Corey has been injured. ( I take him on his word )
When you are injured like that ... if you can't run much then you have a
possibility of putting on weight. That I think I saw a few weeks back.
One camera angle on him looked as though he's put on weight.
Now that he's been working out last few weeks he may be back in shape.

Hard to tell. He seems to have an attitude and that's good.

Respect

Why should anyone think that Corey Dillon is called "Dillion"?

we need a very good and productive Corey if we want have a good run in the play-offs

so i am sure he will show it starting tomorrow

Mike the Brit said:
Why should anyone think that Corey Dillon is called "Dillion"?

He's got the "King of the Jungle" thing going? :p

JR4 said:
He seems to have an attitude and that's good.

He has an attitude OK - a bad one. He got what he wanted last year and now he's taking a vacation this year.

Thing is, he's getting old and slow. So, after he returns from vacation will he still have it. All that anger is just an act. If he had any real anger, which he should, he would demonstrate it tomorrow night. We'll see if he has anything left in the tank or if that anger is just an act.

I am listening to ESPN radio (Boston) right now and I can't believe the crap that I am hearing. This is how NE supports is 3 time world champs and its players? Crazy.

mosi said:
I am listening to ESPN radio (Boston) right now and I can't believe the crap that I am hearing. This is how NE supports is 3 time world champs and its players? Crazy.

Like what? We have many, many posters out of the Boston area.

PATSNUTme said:

This kind of post is ridiculous to me. Maybe Corey's feeling his age - obviously, that's arguable. But why is it so far-fetched to think that the guy just got injured and it's been a tough year for him because of that, regardless of age?

"This year he decided to take the year off" - give me a break with this garbage. I'm not saying the guy is anything close to perfect, but if you don't see a fired up player, a battler, underneath the 28, you're just intent on being snarky about him.

PATSNUTme said:
Like what? We have many, many posters out of the Boston area.

I am listening to http://espnboston.com/ and they were raggin on Cory pretty bad. And the attitude towards the team just seems very negative. I live in Phily, were it is Eagles all the time.

mosi said:
I am listening to http://espnboston.com/ and they were raggin on Cory pretty bad. And the attitude towards the team just seems very negative. I live in Phily, were it is Eagles all the time.
If you're listening to tonights program, you may be one of only a few as most of us got the heads up that Ron Borges was to be Felgers guest. Not worth the effort to turn it on!!! :bricks:

patsox23 said:
This kind of post is ridiculous to me. Maybe Corey's feeling his age - obviously, that's arguable. But why is it so far-fetched to think that the guy just got injured and it's been a tough year for him because of that, regardless of age?

"This year he decided to take the year off" - give me a break with this garbage. I'm not saying the guy is anything close to perfect, but if you don't see a fired up player, a battler, underneath the 28, you're just intent on being snarky about him.

I have to agree. All reports had him in the best shape of his life going into the 2005 training camp. If a guy is washed up, then he's washed up. But I saw plenty of flashes of the 2004 Corey Dillon to believe he is battling injuries more than anything else.

patsox23 said:

Ridiculous you say. Well, facts are facts, he is old and slow. He got out of Cincy and got his ring and now he doesn't care. If that makes you angry or makes him angry, then so be it.

He can prove me wrong tomorrow night- if he's not too old and slow.:cool:

All of my post on this thread were meant to be a satire of the media reports on Thurs.

I seemed to work because a few people thought that I was serious.

Go Corey! Show everyone that you still are the man. This will be a tough D to run against, but 75-80 yards will serve the purpose, and loosen up their D for the rest of the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes