PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dillion and Watson fined by NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianPat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
fined $5,000 by the NFL for dancing in the endzone and showing up Cincinnati Bengals players during the Week 4 game.
Off of KFFL

that's pathetic. what is the league thinking?

whatever.

I'm pretty sure Dillion won't mind the fine considering he was dancing on the bungles---in fact he may even pay wtson's fine:cool:

Oh I know for a fact CD and BW are just gonna laugh it off, but the idea... the idea is so pathetic. You're gonna fine somebody for playing a game? What's next? Profanity on the field?

No Fun League

Have to imagine Kraft will be reimbursing Dillon and Watson for the fines.

worth every penny. The Pats seem to save it up for the ****ier teams, I really dig it.

Could we use some of the cap money for this? :D

This is almost as ridiculous as Florio on PFT campaigning for criminal charges to be filed against Haynesworth for the incident last weekend.

They don't understand the euphoria a player gets when in the game. It's hard to control when you're all pumped and hyped and things are going your way and you just let your emotions explode.

For Dillon it is 5k well spent, after all the crap he took in Cincinnati coming back with a win like that is chump change.. do not remember the Watson incident well. I do not have a problem with end zone celebrations, taunting the other team is another issue though.

What an absurd fine! Sure it warranted a penalty - but a fine?

I keep going back to this, Cincy's Robert Geather's clocked the crap out of Trent Green as he was sliding feet first - no penalty, no fine. The league needs to get consistent on its enforcement.

Murphys95 said:
What an absurd fine! Sure it warranted a penalty - but a fine?

I keep going back to this, Cincy's Robert Geather's clocked the crap out of Trent Green as he was sliding feet first - no penalty, no fine. The league needs to get consistent on its enforcement.
And what about Cinci's
Kaesviharn's hit on Caldwell...THAt was dangerous and yet..nothing at all.
I think that is plainly absurd..wait until a player gets patalyed and then..do something when it is too late?? I agree way ridiculous...

Watson's fine was in doing the Dillon dance which is what turned the dance into a penalty, it became "joint celebration". Had it just been Dillon alone, nothing would've happened.

SoonerPatriot said:
This is almost as ridiculous as Florio on PFT campaigning for criminal charges to be filed against Haynesworth for the incident last weekend.
If it happened uiin Canada,,it may have led to charges...as have a few other incidents in the NHL. NOT ridicuous at all..I wouldn't go that far to prosecute..but to say it is ridiculous is just dumb. WHat Haynesworth did had nothing to do with football..it was an assualt..and the NFL needs to deal with that as they have..strongly. If they fail to, certainly some prosecutor will do that...and I do NOT think the NFL wishes to open that door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back