PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dilfer: Pats Most Complete Team in AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
On NFL Live today, Trent Dilfer says with Tom Brady, they will only get better. Pats are the most complete team in the East.

Hoge? Not surprisingly the d---bag said the Steelers, to which host Trey Wingo rattled off about 5-6 teams with better records right now than the Steelers.

QB12

On NFL Live today, Trent Dilfer says with Tom Brady, they will only get better. Pats are the most complete team in the East.

Hoge? Not surprisingly the d---bag said the Steelers, to which host Trey Wingo rattled off about 5-6 teams with better records right now than the Steelers.

QB12

Steelers? Goodness, that's nuts. I mean that may be true in 6 weeks - But they lost to the Bengals - What "Complete" team loses to the Bengals? :D

There is no doubt in my mind that the Patriots are the most complete team in the AFC right now and will only get better as the season wears on.

could we finally have a reliable secondary?:singing:

just get Mayo back and find a way to keep pressurethe QB's we face and we will be rockin.

hey guys, the colts are a tough team too, even if they are playing inferior competitition right now. but teams playing great right now may not be so good at the end. colts are playing the best football they probably will play all year
in....September. If they are playing this way in January, we got problems.

hey guys, the colts are a tough team too, even if they are playing inferior competitition right now. but teams playing great right now may not be so good at the end. colts are playing the best football they probably will play all year

I just posted in another thread about the Colts. They have a problem still against the run, that was clear in the Miami game. Manning is lethal and it looks like he has a good receiving corps but against the elite teams their problems against the run will find them out imo.

The Colts have an excellent team, but not a "complete" team. Manning is superb, and the pass rush has been good. But they can't run the ball or stop the run. And their secondary is vulnerable.

People semi-mocked me when I said Indy is still the team I fear the most... might be going there with a 7-1 record, but their's might even be better.

Colts schedule really helps them this year. Even with the Sanders and Freeney injuries, they could be 12-4 pretty easily. Playing the NFC West, and their own division being down really helps them.
Pats are lacking in special teams as far as returners and our punter. Defense is moving in the right direction, TfB will continue to get better, and we have a stable of RBs to get us through the long haul.

The Colts, Saints and Giants all have looked superior to the Patriots thus far. I expect the Patriots to keep improving, especially on offense, but also on D, but I wouldn't say they are THE best team overall or even just in the AFC. As of now, anyway.

i love how two weeks ago after the jets loss we were a team who had seen ourselves peak and were rebuilding. we were on the steep decline and our glory days were behind us. the pats were a team that was depleted on defense because we lost so many playmakers in harrison, bruschi, vrabel, seymour, etc. our offense was so unbalanced that we might have trouble winning against good teams.
now all of a sudden we go back and make adjustments on offense to a more balanced attack and we have two big wins in a row against two supposed super bowl contenders in the falcons and ravens, and now we are the most complete team. i can't take the bandwagoners hopping on and off.
let's keep it rolling in denver next week and lay the ******* wood on every single team we play from here on out.

Last edited:
The Colts, Saints and Giants all have looked superior to the Patriots thus far. I expect the Patriots to keep improving, especially on offense, but also on D, but I wouldn't say they are THE best team overall or even just in the AFC. As of now, anyway.

i agree with the Saints and Giants. As for the Colts, I would call us even in my own power rankings.

Again, "complete" is different from "good". I ranked the Colts #3 in my top 5 list, after the Giants and Saints and ahead of us. But they are not as "complete" a team as we are, meaning that they have weaknesses in key areas. They may compensate for them by being especially good in others, but that doesn't mean that the lack of completeness is a liability which may eventually catch up with them.

I think this Pats team is more complete than any since 2004, including the 2007 team. But I don't think this team is better than the 2007 team at this point.

QB12

nfl live has got to be one of the worst shows next to first and ten that there is on tv. it makes me puke just thinking about watching it. i only watch that piece of sh!t sports video channel[espn] when i have to.

Last edited:
There is only one team that can beat us today : The Giants.

The Pats are working hard to get to that level ,we might have a rematch against the Giants in this year superbowl ?

Last edited:

The Pats are working hard to get to that level ,we might have a rematch against the Giants in this year superbowl ?

Agreed. Hopefully with the Giants favored.

The pats are good, no doubt.
It's still too early and I don't know if they are the best right now but I stronly believe they will be the best in the AFC (and NFL) come Feb.

Actually I think the only team that can beat us today is...us. Execution is still just inconsistent enough, but if they clean that up and get/stay healthy I don't fear anyone. We have the talent and depth and coaching on both sides of the ball. About the only area that is truly lagging is ST. Excellent PK, the bulk of the units aren't standing out and that could be problematic.

We're complete! Damn right, and we have Coach Belichick, the mastermind at moving players around to fit the holes of the Starters who are injured or off the team. Steelers loosing Palumalu and loosing to the bengals just shows they're not complete as far as coaching goes. Sorta like a headless clumsy "giant".

It's still too early to tell but they are getting there. And I do agree that Indy is probably the most dangerous REGULAR SEASON team. Come playoff, one and done. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes