Welcome to PatsFans.com

Digging up Troys punt fumble again....sorry

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DelawarePAT, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DelawarePAT

DelawarePAT Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know this has been discussed but I just watched this play several times on the NFL network G.O.T.W. I'm not clear on the rule as to what happens when a player bobbles the ball on a fair catch. From what I understand the player has to have free access to catch the ball if bobbled prior to it hitting the ground and without advancing it. The replay clearly shows Troy signalling fair catch....ball hitting his chest and arms..... bouncing slightly in air...then coming back into his hands...as it's coming into his hands Denver defender reaches in and deflects ball.....clearly this should have been fair catch interference....or am I mistaken. Anyone else see it this way??

2. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I'll have to take a look at the tape when I get a chance.

3. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

yup

You hit the nail on the head--just another bad call in a long list over the weekend! The difference is though, that our season is over!

4. Bronco Freak

Bronco Freak Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OMG, you are blind. You people are on acid.

pats1 is a total coward, spineless, bastard, that owes me his signature.

"I'll pay up when the Broncos beat the Pats without the help of the refs" -pats1, a pathetic excuse for a fan of football.

5. Bronco Freak

Bronco Freak Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

(Did the Broncos do a terrific job of banging bodies, punishing Brady, avoiding turnovers and taking advantage of mistakes? Absolutely. They were a better football team on Saturday night. But I will go to my grave wondering what would have happened if Kevin Faulking Faulk didn't fumble with 1:54 remaining in the first half. All season long, this Broncos team was fearing a situation in which Plummer had to make plays in the second half to win a game for them. The Pats were one more quarter away from making that happen. And they blew it. Aaaaaaargh. I can't talk about it anymore.) - Bill Simmons

6. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +394 / 28 / -48

#50 Jersey

BronocFreak -
    I'm sorry, but you are clueless. Go learn the rules before you show your face back here.

7. Bronco Freak

Bronco Freak Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know the rules, it was probably FC interference, but he was behind him, and had NOTHING to do with the fumble itself, there is no way the ref is gonna throw that flag. No fkn way dude.

From Bill Simmons - Again, the Patriots deserved to lose. They were terrible.

lmfao!!!

8. DelawarePAT

DelawarePAT Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bronco Freak....not blind...in fact saw the play very clearly and have watched it about a thousand times on tivo. Fact is you'll see it your way and we'll see it our way. Can we at least agree there was some very questionable officiating this past weekend? Be that as it may...we made some big mistakes, you guys took advantage of them and helped cause some of them....what a winning team does! congrats. No sour grapes from me as we've been on the favorable end of many a questionable call over the years....and victimized as well on some. It all works out in the wash. Our season is over, so all we have for right now is discussing the Denver game before moving on to preparing for next season.

9. groundgame

groundgame Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Of all the turnovers on Saturday the one that was most warned of was that of rookie kick returner Ellis Hobb's. Leading up to the game the only glaring question mark in the possible turnover derby was the unknown of the rookie Hobbs returning kicks on the road, in prime time playoff pressure football. To BB's credit, he had the history of no kickoff return turnovers over a span of 10 playoff games, thanks mostly to the steady play of Patrick Pass and one-time rookie Bethel Johnson. However, you have to believe Saturday's avalanche of turnovers, rookies included, was a prime example that
    bad play and bad bounces will eventually occur, no matter how well you are playing or well good fortune shined on you previously.

10. CheerforTom

CheerforTom Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He contradicts himself in that statement... he claims the Broncos were the better football team, and then procedes to describe how the Broncos were two minutes away from becoming desperate... how the hell do those two go together?

I have no issue with the Broncos winning the game. The Patriots certainly didn't deserve to win after 5 turnovers. But I do have an issue with 'the Broncos being the better team', and I always will. They were handed that game by the turnovers (which they either didn't force or only had a minimal part in forcing), and as somebody put it, "just happened to be the team the Patriots were playing".

As for the Brown call, sure it could have been FCI, which is interesting since I didn't notice at all at the time. But it's completely Brown's fault that he missed the catch in the first place, and it was so close that there's no way the ref could have called it. Sorry guys, but this one isn't in the same class as the PI, touchback, etc.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  11. Bronco Freak

Bronco Freak Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Absolutely agree, great post.

12. Bronco Freak

Bronco Freak Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Exactly, and as far as the turnovers, we definitely forced 4 of the 5. Champs pick, Sauerbraunasaurus RX, the int by Lynch, and the fumble by Faulking Faulk. We made the plays on all of those.

If you're team WAS better, they would have taken the lead when they had the opportunity. And they wouldn't have turned the ball over 5 times.

Look at how many times we turned the ball over in the regular season, our +-, and then look at yours.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  13. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

Dude - look at your keyboard, it's about to be jammed up your freaking rear end if you don't get out of this group already.
    You won the game, big deal, talk to me when you win 3 superbowls in four years.

Go the F away already - you are pathetic. Your done here, the game is over. Go troll somewhere else.

14. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0

-----------

ha ha ha...this is a funny post, and all true...esp the 3 SB in four years...he is a persistent little guy...I think one of the reason us patriot fans are so frusterated is that we know how good they are (can be)...and on this given Saturday they lost to an inferior team....let's get over that boys and girls and look forward...I am pretty pumped about next year, don't know about all of you...

15. Bronco Freak

Bronco Freak Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

lmfao

Turnover +-

look it up...

16. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

LMFAO! LMFAO! ROFL!1111

:rolleyes:

17. CheerforTom

CheerforTom Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

We've been over this "we definately forced 4 of the fumbles" stuff before, and the problem is you never listen to anything anyone has to say. It's been said to death that the regular season stats are not relevant when it comes to the Patriots, and same deal, you ignore anything anyone says. What makes you think we should listen to you?

A fumble is made by one player (especially when it's that player's fault, ie Brown, ie HOBBES). One player is not a team. Therefore, a fumble is not a whole team's fault. Therefore, the Patriots as a whole should not be judged by those 4 bad plays. Therefore, the turnovers are SEPERATE from the Patriots' performance on Saturday. And other than the turnovers (not to mention the calls), they played a better game than the Broncos.

But oh yeah, you'll come back with the killer point, "But we forced 4 of the 5 turnovers and outplayed you!!".

All the guys arguing in favour of Bronco Freak: I'm not saying he should be kicked off the board, he can be reasonable, even interesting, but remember that when participating in arguments he doesn't listen to a word anyone says unless in strictly goes with what he says.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.