PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Didn't we learn anything from 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
16-0 regular season! Won games we should of lost. Broke records. Im pretty sure that the goals this team set at the beginning of the season wasnt to beat the Colts in week 10, or go 16-0. My guess is it was to win the AFC east and make the playoffs. Then go from there. As of today, they are still on target for that.

After week 2 we were saying that Brady was still rusty and noone knew when he'd be back.

After week 4 we were saying the Pats were lucky to beat the Ravens and could easily be 1-3.

After week 5 we were saying that the Pats are not the same team anymore and that no one knew if they would even win the East with a 3-2 record.

At the bye week we said that Brady was looking better and the defense was improving. But they had only done it against winless teams and they need to prove themselves against a top team in league.

Last night they smack around the best team in the league, in their home for 3 1/2 qtrs. Did the lose? Yes. They weren't beaten, they lost. They were two turnovers in the endzone away from blowing the Colts out. They were a foolisn coaching decision away from possibly winning the game. Brady was great. Moss was great. Welker was great. Vollmer was great. The defense showed that they can stop Manning better any Patriots defense in the past several years.

Matt Light, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor, Ty Warren, TBC and Jarvis Green are all key contributers to this team that will make a difference when they return.

I am extremely optimistic about this team chances of getting to the SB. Did we say that after the Bronco's game? BB is still one of the best coaches in the game. This team learns from there mistakes, and I am sure they will use this game to their advantage. They showed last night they can beat the best team in the league. I'd rather them beat them in the playoffs then in the regular season. Just ask the Giants how that works.

Re: Didnt we learn anything from 2007!

16-0 regular season! Won games we should of lost. Broke records. Im pretty sure that the goals this team set at the beginning of the season wasnt to beat the Colts in week 10, or go 16-0. My guess is it was to win the AFC east and make the playoffs. Then go from there. As of today, they are still on target for that.

After week 2 we were saying that Brady was still rusty and noone knew when he'd be back.

After week 4 we were saying the Pats were lucky to beat the Ravens and could easily be 1-3.

After week 5 we were saying that the Pats are not the same team anymore and that no one knew if they would even win the East with a 3-2 record.

At the bye week we said that Brady was looking better and the defense was improving. But they had only done it against winless teams and they need to prove themselves against a top team in league.

Last night they smack around the best team in the league, in their home for 3 1/2 qtrs. Did the lose? Yes. They weren't beaten, they lost. They were two turnovers in the endzone away from blowing the Colts out. They were a foolisn coaching decision away from possibly winning the game. Brady was great. Moss was great. Welker was great. Vollmer was great. The defense showed that they can stop Manning better any Patriots defense in the past several years.

Matt Light, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor, Ty Warren, TBC and Jarvis Green are all key contributers to this team that will make a difference when they return.

I am extremely optimistic about this team chances of getting to the SB. Did we say that after the Bronco's game? BB is still one of the best coaches in the game. This team learns from there mistakes, and I am sure they will use this game to their advantage. They showed last night they can beat the best team in the league. I'd rather them beat them in the playoffs then in the regular season. Just ask the Giants how that works.

If this team plays aggressive and with an attitude, there's no team in the NFL that can hang with them. Not Indy, not NO.

If we lose our aggressiveness we are an also ran.

I hope we are pissed off big time the way we were in 2007 after Spygate and that we adopt a "take no prisoners" approach to the rest of the season. I want to see utter and total annihilation from here on out. There's no excuses not to do it after how me played for 3 quarters. Brady is clearly back, Moss and Welker are unstoppable, Vollmer is a franchise LT in the making, the defense is young and talented and should only get better. The only opponent who can really stop us is ourselves.

If this team plays aggressive and with an attitude, there's no team in the NFL that can hang with them. Not Indy, not NO.

I hope we are pissed off big time the way we were in 2007 after Spygate and that we adopt a "take no prisoners" approach to the rest of the season. I want to see utter and total annihilation from here on out. There's no excuses not to do it after how me played for 3 quarters. Brady is clearly back, Moss and Welker are unstoppable, Vollmer is a franchise LT in the making, the defense is young and talented and should only get better. The only opponent who can really stop us is ourselves.

Someone tell that to the guy that called a Prevent defense and called off the aggressiveness. And, while Vollmer may be a franchise LT in the making, I want to see him at RT when Light comes back. Based on what I've seen of him and Kaczur throughout the season, Vollmer would be a better option over there.

Someone tell that to the guy that called a Prevent defense and called off the aggressiveness. And, while Vollmer may be a franchise LT in the making, I want to see him at RT when Light comes back. Based on what I've seen of him and Kaczur throughout the season, Vollmer would be a better option over there.

what? Vollmer just took arguably the best pass rushing lineman in football and completely shut him down. I like Light, but he never shut Freeney out for an entire game.

The only opponent who can really stop us is ourselves.

That was the BEST statement about this team. We beat ourselves in all out loses. Lets hang 1/2 hundred on the Rats Sunday and put them out of their misery for this year.

This should be the TLDR for every single post made on this forum.

Don't agree with you about Vollmer. He's a future all pro franchise LT. Leave him there. Move Light to RT and you've instantly upgraded the position. If Light's playing Mathis against Kaczur it's a whole different kettle of fish.

Wow! Easily the best post of the day. Right on.

QB12

This, IMHO, is the key. The Colts' injured starters are out for the season. Denver is coming back to earth. SD is getting hot but they are going to have more than three losses. The winner of the AFC North will likely have more than 3 losses. A first round bye is not out of the question here and a week off plus, at most one roadie, is a lot more doable than a home game and two likely road games.

Totally agree dude. Play your best in January not November.

3 of the last 4 SB champs were in worse position at some point in their SB season than we are right now.

what? Vollmer just took arguably the best pass rushing lineman in football and completely shut him down. I like Light, but he never shut Freeney out for an entire game.

Vollmer played great and he is the future at LT, but he didn't shut down Freeney the entire game. Although it doesn't make the stat sheet, Freeney got to Brady late in the game and made him throw incomplete passes on 3rd down. However, that all could've been avoided had Brady not thrown the stupid interception and Maroney fumbling a potential touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes