PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Didn't think I would see this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tar and feather the starting offensive linemen. Maybe, that would lift me up some today. Probably not, but that would be a cool public display downtown or somewhere locally.

This is the result of bad moves all season long. Losing Seymour, Lewis, Thomas, Vrable, not drafting LB. Playing prevent defense. Some people will continue to say we are a top 10 defense statistically. But eyes tell you otherwise.

When the Ravens wanted to come out and run, they got one hundred yards in just about one snap. Now that they're passing, we still can't make a stop.

Agree

Bad drafts and very bad personnel decisions over the past 3-4 years have finally caught up with the Patriots

Thay have passed on so many good players and the ones they have drafted have been mediocre at best......

they have not drafted a star player in a long time.

The loss today hopefully will cause the Patriots to make some real changes in the personnel department

Terrible terrible terrible!

Time to clean house...

You guys realize this was one game and over 17 weeks we were the 3rd best team in the AFC? As the other 16 teams sitting at home right now if they think the best thing the Patriots should do is clean house

they have not drafted a star player in a long time

If onley they could draft a LB and he could become rookie of the year.

Re: Didnt think I would see this...

We're simply not aggressive enough on either side of the ball.

No muscle up front. No aggressive playcalling.

Just lots of dancing and bobbing and weaving flittering around.

We need to greatly increase strength and speed.

I agree - we don't have that attacking defense that makes plays. We were sold that when we traded Seymour that Wright and Green would up the difference. Hey, I like Wright but you are asking a ST player to be an every down player. Same for Green - what evidence did we have that Jarvis was a 3 down player? Honestly, I believe our CBs would fine if we had any semblance of a rush. On the offensive side, we are asking a career ST player, Aikens to be a game breaker. We have no committment to the run and the play calling is so predictable...I don't think the answer was keeping Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, etc..but we did not get any players with their leadership and moxie.

Re: Didnt think I would see this...

WE NEED TO RELOAD the next 2 years and quit trading picks back imo!

Nah we need more half assed athletes like Slater and Chung. But seriously we have too much dead weight on this team and the injury bug hit us late. Brady needs to clear his head and we need to clear out some of this coaching staff.

If onley they could draft a LB and he could become rookie of the year.

I love Mayo but how many impact plays did he make this year? He is a tackling machine...5 yards down field.

Curtis Martin was the last instant star that was drafted by the Patriots. Brady would soon become a star but he wasn't one initially. Still, he'll go down as one of the draft's biggest steals in NFL history.

Mayo won Defensive Rookie Of The Year. But that hardly makes him a star player just yet. Let's wait and see how he does in the next two or three seasons. He still hasn't been named to a Pro Bowl. Conversely, Martin was named to the Pro Bowl as a rookie after winning the Offensive Rookie Of The Year. That's impressive... Brady made the Pro Bowl his second year in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes