PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Didn't Resolve a Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheBostonStraggler said:
I disagree. First, the Patriots are a better team with him this year. Hey, every little bit counts.
With him they have a better group of WRs, but a worse team. You are using the Dan Snyder thought process: The best players make the best team.

This process was roundly proven wrong in SB XXXVI, when the Rams, who had far and away the better playes, were beaten by the Pats, who had the better team.

shmessy said:
He's a good kid with a bad agent - - he wouldn't pull a T.O.
The good kid with a bad agent was believable a month ago. He simply cannot be unaware of his postion, and what his stance is. It's time to accept that Deion concurs with his agent.

As far as TO, he'll never be the reciever TO is, but he is causing a similar ruckus, and if allowed to inhabit the locker room (unless he has a total change of heart) will disrupt the Pats team and easily keep them from being the best they can be.

The only thing you can do with a cancer or disruptive force is remove it. Anything esle is either useless or counterproductive.

I hope Branch offers an olive branch before he loses his arbitraton case, I really do. I think he can still claim "a big misunderstanding" and the Pats team will only say, "We're glad to have Deion back" and the Pat FO will say about as much as they've said so far, which is nothing.

But I think after the case is lost, pride will prevent Deion from making a move, and the Pats I hope have learned not to let him have another opening.

brady2brown said:
The good kid with a bad agent was believable a month ago. He simply cannot be unaware of his postion, and what his stance is. It's time to accept that Deion concurs with his agent.

As far as TO, he'll never be the reciever TO is, but he is causing a similar ruckus, and if allowed to inhabit the locker room (unless he has a total change of heart) will disrupt the Pats team and easily keep them from being the best they can be.

The only thing you can do with a cancer or disruptive force is remove it. Anything esle is either useless or counterproductive.

I hope Branch offers an olive branch before he loses his arbitraton case, I really do. I think he can still claim "a big misunderstanding" and the Pats team will only say, "We're glad to have Deion back" and the Pat FO will say about as much as they've said so far, which is nothing.

But I think after the case is lost, pride will prevent Deion from making a move, and the Pats I hope have learned not to let him have another opening.

I just don't see the players, coaches and management of this team ever letting this situation get to a TO like state, especially if they are winning and playing for a chance at another title. If he comes back week 10 he is going to come in, do his job and keep his mouth shut or else there are 52 other guys and 1 badass head coach that will help him keep it shut.

Last edited:
brady2brown said:
With him they have a better group of WRs, but a worse team. You are using the Dan Snyder thought process: The best players make the best team.

This process was roundly proven wrong in SB XXXVI, when the Rams, who had far and away the better playes, were beaten by the Pats, who had the better team.

No, actually they would also have a slightly better team. Hey, what the Patriots have without DB can and may win it all (or may not). I never suggested different. However, they are a more capable team with DB. DB until this process started had gone 4 years of good production and little to no trouble. This is the business side of football now and it can be ugly (see Ty Law). But as I said before, I don't believe DB will pull a stunt if he reported. I believe he will play hard. Ultimately, I may be proven wrong. But you're equating DB's contract foolishness to a guy who doesn't play team ball. Again, 4 years previous service seems to indicate different. Lastly, Daniel Snyder's way sucks because he throws money at anything that can play football and has a name. You don't see BB getting wrapped up in that because that isn't the best way for a team to go. He and SP select who they want carefully. BB/SP offered DB big money. What does that tell you about how they think he fits into their concept of football? Further, DB is great cap value (cost versus production) for this year with a new contract. That's another favorite of BB/SP versus Daniel Snyder's way. A final note, the relationship may be strained beyond repair. It might now be impossible to bring him back because of that strain. I suspect, though, that if DB and BB sat in an office alone and talked, things could get fixed. Will that happen? I think it is becoming less likely every week........

I totally disagree.

Seymour played the exact same cards last year...so what happened? And don't you think Seymour could have named HIS price? Deion is in the middle of something that goes far beyond Chayut and all this crap about non resonse and points of no return...the answer has been there all along...Chayut has been communicating with BORAS this whole time. THe Pats will NOT deal with him, he has the typical bigshot egotistical vendetta mindset going on and this whole charade is being perpetrated by HIM.Kraft, his son, Pioli and Belichick know it...and Boras has ZERO ability to affect their decsion making.

Deion Branch is talented, good hands, plays fearlessly AND has played his entire NFL career not with Peyton Manning, or Jake Plummer, or Ben Rothlisberger...he's played with a 6th round draft pick who had the Pats by the nuts if he wanted ...and who chose the organization..the one dedicated to excellence period...no mayyer the talent level. The organization that sweated the Seymour holdout, only to be rewarded by Big Sey's commitment to playing NFL football at it's highest level..the same organization that has paid Rodney Harrison what looks like DUST, the organization that admittedly underpaid Tedy Bruschi, who didn't even consider using an agent. An organization that told a fauria..."sorry, gotta move on" who says he wants to spend his life after football with THIS organization...an organization that not only didn't care what any of the experts had to say, they, in the person of Billo Belichick CALLED up the retired Seau and told him..."we want you",...not "we'll give you another shot old guy"...or" you wanna try to give it another shot?"...no....BB called him and said "we want YOU to play inside, we want you to do this, if you can, YOU are in.

THis drives everyone nuts. You watch Givens this year...I gaurantee we see David back in a few years. Branch??? 5'9"? Bucncha catches in the Super Bowl? Good speed? Ranks lowere than the top 20 WR's in the game. Hey!!!! Raven't you guys been watching? Ben Watson lines up in the slot...hi Mr. Safety...how YOU doing???? See Ya!....CB's....joke

No...Deion Branch is a talented player...the Pats offer is adequate..if you're a star in your mind...well then...see ya....Pioli will STILL get what the rules say...no matter what the Borge's try to obfuscate or the Bora's try egotistically make the Patriots organization look like something they ARE NOT.

BE PROUD!!! I bet a grand against the Pats in that St Louis superbowl....a LOCK!! But Vrabel hit Warner so goddamned hard in that first series his head didn't clear until the 4th quarter...and when he came to his senses , Bruce and Holt tore us apart....BUT they only got even...and even John Madden said...play for the overtime"....but you know what??? Some long time underpaid patriot WR named Troy Brown did exactly what that rookie QB was told to look for....and we won what couldn't be won....and that underappreciated little underpaid WR is STILL a NE Patriot THIS year.

Heh....let them have fun gameplanning Watson, and maroney, and faulk...and the H backs, and that other monster TE who just happens to be totally underappreciated...because some little 5'10 12 year vet will be there for Tom Brady..just like he was in the BIGGEST GAME in NEP football history

Feel bad for Branch....but feel good that this Wilfork who couldn't grasp the two gap two years ago is now so good that FREAKING Richard Seymour will be SINGLE TEAMED this year for the first time in his career with the Pats...that HOLDOUT, Richard Seymour...remember? What lse does Branch need to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back