PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Didn't Resolve a Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
........yet. Per ESPN Trey Wingo. Pats statement that no trade took place.

Last edited:
ok, time to move on....let deion sit at home....we've got a season to play!!

Branch Is Dead To Me. Screw You Deion, Screw You!

From Reiss :

"The Patriots have released the following statement regarding Deion Branch:

“No trade has been consummated. Deion Branch remains under contract to the New England Patriots.â€"

and the saga continues...

Kdo5 said:
Branch Is Dead To Me. Screw You Deion, Screw You!
As irritated as I am, I'm starting to feel sorry for him more than angry with him. I never realized that he's a total f*cking idiot but now I realize it and can't feel anything but sorry for him.

BelichickFan said:
From Reiss :

"The Patriots have released the following statement regarding Deion Branch:

“No trade has been consummated. Deion Branch remains under contract to the New England Patriots.â€"

That deserves to be emphasized to show, yet again, that Branch is being an ass.

Actually it did as to what the Patriots wanted...they wanted to know what if anything was going to happen...and we see what Branch has done...He is NOT coming back here and doing what almost ALL NFL players have done...so the Patriots will move on...as another said,,Branch is dead,,,see ya!!!

I hate to say I told you so, but last week when this ridiculous statement came out saying Branch can seek a trade, I told you guys I thought it was the dumbest move ever, and wouldn't resolve anything. I said it was like drawing a line in the sand in front of Branch, daring him to step over it, he steps over it, and now what ? Draw another line ? I knew nothing would come of this. Not saying I'm a genius, but it just seemed so dumb at the time, and it looks even dumber now. Everybody thought this decree by the Pats would make the situation come to an end, I never understood the excitement over the original statement allowing Branch to seek a trade, and I still don't.

This has to be one of the worst attempts to get a holdout to come to a resolution ever. Just dumb.

scott99 said:
I hate to say I told you so, but last week when this ridiculous statement came out saying Branch can seek a trade, I told you guys I thought it was the dumbest move ever, and wouldn't resolve anything. I said it was like drawing a line in the sand in front of Branch, daring him to step over it, he steps over it, and now what ? Draw another line ? I knew nothing would come of this. Not saying I'm a genius, but it just seemed so dumb at the time, and it looks even dumber now. Everybody thought this decree by the Pats would make the situation come to an end, I never understood the excitement over the original statement allowing Branch to seek a trade, and I still don't.

This has to be one of the worst attempts to get a holdout to come to a resolution ever. Just dumb.

Your off base.......I am on board with what I THINK BB was trying to do........The truth is no one outside of BB and the FO really knows what there desired outcome was, so comments like yours are meaningless!

shmessy said:
........yet. Per ESPN Trey Wingo. Pats statement that no trade took place.
resolved everything. branch is a patriot for this year (and next)

scott99 said:

Well, what would you have done in their stead?

scott99 said:

Now here's the real question... What were they supposed to do if not thsi? Would the situation be better? If you give a player 2 offers and they don't counter you, but refuse to showup when they are under contract, you tell me what the right thing to do is? Yes maybe this didn't solve the Branch situation, but that does not mean it was a bad idea. We are still at the same exact point we were a week ago. We have a player under contract who refuses to show up. I say sit his ass down all year, franchise him and be done with him.

How stupid do you have to be to tell the team you will show if you are promised not to be franchised next year. You have no leverage other than refusing to fulfill your contract and then not only do you lose this year, you are 100% going to be franchised next year. It sickens me that Deion goes along with this moronic agent of his.

Time to move on...

Patriotic Fervor said:

Yeah, I second this, scott99. What would you have done? Give him what he wants, I suppose. THAT would set a great precedent!

scott99 said:

Ah come on. A lot of people did NOT expect the Patriots to take "just anything" for Branch. Its never to dumb to explore your options. And just because you don't decide to execute a particular option, doesn't make you dumb. You (and Branch for that matter) are just going to have to live with the fact that the Pats are quite content to keep Branch under contract until we get the COMPENSATION that we want. We have the salary cap to implement the franchise tag to do so next year as well.

If the Jets were stupid enough to give 2 #1, BB would have done it.

Last edited:
scott99 said:

Totally disagree!!!
This was at the least, an attempt to get negotiations moving, or flush out Branch's intentions in a quicker period of time. One outa two ain't bad!!!! Can't help a little pisser agent trying to make a name for himself.
Time to move on, hopefully the FO have their eye on some WR likely to be cut soon.

Hey folks! Notice the first word I wrote after the Threadline was "....yet"??

This could very well be the first step towards resolution. Last week (publicly, at least) was the period for Chayut to try to broker a trade. Now the Patriots may actually hit the button if they like what they see in the next few days. They let Chayut do the footwork and they didn't close off any timetable for the FO at all. It ain't over.

The Threadline referred to the last 7 days. It doesn't mean it WON'T be resolved.

Last edited:
Patriotic Fervor said:

Well I certainly would not have aired the teams dirty laundry for all to see. Even if they wanted to trade Branch, they could have done that behind closed doors. I said all along that this tactic wouldn't help things, and I'm baffled as to why it was even used, it makes no sense. Now we are stuck with a malcontent, who though is a good asset (trade wise), we won't trade him. The only way to resolve this now, as far as him not being a distraction, is to do what the Eagles did with T.O., which will get us nothing in return.

Everyone is lauding the FO for getting draft picks for Cobbs & Gorin, what do we have to show for Branch ? He certainly won't be on the Pats roster this year, so next year he walks. I would have gladly taken Mcarens and a #2 from the Jets. At least we'd have a WR that will play for us and a HIGH #2 pick to play with (if that package was offered, if not, I understand not doing the trade). Now we have nothing.

shmessy said:
Hey folks! Notice the first word I wrote after the Threadline was "....yet"??

This could very well be the first step towards resolution. Last week (publicly, at least) was the period for Chayut to try to broker a trade. Now the Patriots may actually hit the button if they like what they see in the next few days. They let Chayut do the footwork and they didn't close off any timetable for the FO at all. It ain't over.

The Threadline referred to the last 7 days. It doesn't mean it WON'T be resolved.
Oh maaaaaannnn, I am so totally shmessed up! I'm half expecting an announcement of a trade this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back