PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Didn't realize how much Brady is hated until

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it. And it's a sad commentary on the human psyche that instead of appreciating another person achieving success through hard work and dedication, the first reaction is to feel resentment towards that person.

It's known as the Politics of Envy, and it's everywhere.

I think Brady is human and he had good traits and bad traits. I think its more telling about the individual who's speaking than the context of their message.

Personally, how can you not love his story? Here's a kid who was given nothing but adversity and was always ready to seize the moment? His journey through football isn't an accident. Was he helped along the way? Sure, doesn't hurt to have the best coach of the era as your guy. But, ultimately Brady is a winner because that's how he prepares.

Could you image what we could accomplish if we all had that level of drive in us? I try to tell me kids, there are very few professional sport stars that have more ability than any other. At the end of the day, you have to want it and embrace the pain (discipline) to be elite. Very few people can walk onto a field and be better than all the rest (and probably nobody at the pro level...especially football).

...But, ultimately Brady is a winner because that's how he prepares..

Without Googling, I'm sure BB is a Bob Knight fan, because he prepares more than anyone in the NFL and drilled that into Brady and the rest of the team

Bob Knight said:
The will to succeed is important, but what's more important is the will to prepare.

Not as meaningful, but this is my favorite quote from him:

Bob Knight said:
When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want them to bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!

Cowboy, Here's some more for you.
Vince Lombardi said:
Success is like anything worthwhile. It has a price. You have to pay the price to win and you have to pay the price to get to the point where success is possible. Most important, you must pay the price to stay there
Robert H. Schuller said:
Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation..
Orrin Woodward said:
Success is assured when a person fears the pain of regret more than the pain of the process..

Randy Reese said:
Execute every task like it is the key to achieving your dream. No step in the process can be taken for granted. If you're not willing to do what's required, go find something else you're willing to dedicate that kind of time and effort to."

Juma Ikangaa said:
The will to win is nothing without the will to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back