Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?" - Joe Biden

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How in the world is this comment not getting more play?!?!? Could you imagine the liberal media outrage if a republican said such a thing??!?

What a despicable, despicable human being. And he's one heartbeat away from the presidency. I find it incredibly hard to believe that he said suck a thing. Please, someone, please, I beg you. Tell me it's not true. I did a google search and all I saw was corroborating evidence, but please tell me I'm missing something.

2. DocHoliday

DocHoliday In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -1

I don't know if that's true, but the reason it isn't is that 1.) Biden is well known for gaffes, 2.) it's a vulgar compliment, not really anything misogynistic or racist.

Basically it's bad taste, but no specific group will be offended.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +814 / 26 / -33

What is being missed here is that in the big scale of things it is not a very big deal...

What is interesting and what gets no play, is Coulter calling Obama a "retard", and now justifying her comments..

4. 1960Pats

1960Pats 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +405 / 33 / -33

#75 Jersey

Right, the WH screwups that led to the deaths of four Americans in Libya isn't a story, but Anne Coulter using a non-PC name to describe the Liar-In-chief is?

Btw, I just happened to have seen Coulter last night in a Piers Morgan "interview" concerning the use of the word, and she won't be backing down anytime soon.

I think the biggest story out there right now, and nothing else is even close, is the comments that Charles Woods made about his encounter with the "liars" and "cowards" in the White House.

I'll wait for more crickets.

5. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

i think it's a dumb thing to say

he used the word balls twice, that's just not clever at all, and too redundant

a better thing would have been "balls the size of grapefruits" or cantaloupes

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Agree.

When did it become an "INSULT" to say a man had big balls?

Seriously. Is that a bad thing? Maybe not "vice-presidential" but certainly not an "outrageous INSULT"

7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 15 / -8

Or testicles the size of cue balls.

Depends if it was funny in the moment.

Don't know how this is a "gaffe"... it's just "vulgar." I don't think there's anybody male or female who's never used this very, very common metaphor for "courage" or "chutzpah" (by the way someone tell Bachman how to say that word -- now that's a gaffe.)

So what's the outrage supposed to be about, exactly?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  8. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What I'm missing is where Biden did anything horribly despicable.

Can the drama.

9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I guess you just place yourself in the father's shoes and think about 'ol Joe saying that to you and the Mrs......

I honestly am surprised the dad didn't just knock him out. Whatever the father's opinion of what Joe said is all that is relevant...wouldn't you agree?

10. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I remember my dad's wake (well, some of it- he was Irish) and no less than ten of his friends mentioned, as they reminisced their dead friend, how much balls my dad had, referring to his small size and incredible courage and ability to fight. Some referred to his literal fighting as a younger guy, others referred to how he fought (and lost) cancer as if it were a cold. My old man had balls the size of grapefruits. It is a compliment among men.

11. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 15 / -8

Yeah, I don't think any man hearing from another man that his son has balls the size of cue balls is going to haul off and slug him, shouting "You take that back! He has absolutely average testicles and by the way they're none of your business!"

Somebody said "can the drama," and I agree, except the drama's already canned.

12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

It was simply inapropriate and stupid and I don't see how any can disagree with that.

You think maybe the father would have prefered to hear, "Your son was a very brave young man, and we're very sorry for your loss"?

"Big balls" vs "very brave"....hmmmm, yeah, I guess they both have same meaning!:rolleyes:

13. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

My dad died a very young man, way before his time (48). He was on top of the world. He fought in Viet Nam for 2 tours in the 101st. Won't even list the decorations he received. He raised 3 kids and worked tirelessly on his business with a bad back and other injuries received in battle and work. He was at least the hero any other man was.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
  14. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 15 / -8

Wow, as a sensitivity guru it looks like you hit a sort of sour note there, PR.... Wistah, I'll apologize for PR, in case he feels the need to double down instead. Sorry that he said that, for what it's worth, and sorry for your loss, however far back it was. It does sound like he was a guy to be admired. (But please, for the sake of the rest of us, try not to get pinged for someone else's insulting behavior. You know how unpredictable and uneven enforcement can be, and we can't afford to lose the good posters.)

15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 22 / -19

It seems wrong to exploit the parent's emotional distress for political gain, but I suppose they invite it when they themselves are doing interviews with right wing extremists. At any rate, a distraught father being interviewed by an extremist like Beck is hardly what I would consider the height of reliability. Also, the mother of Tyrone had a different experience at the ceremony than did the father, though she too is complaining that the investigation is not moving more quickly:

'Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?' Biden's bizarre question to father of Navy SEAL who died in Benghazi attack | Mail Online

"Writing about the repatriation of her son's body, Cheryl Croft Bennett said: 'The entire afternoon was overpowering and unreal. 'Little did I know that I would find myself in a reception room being comforted, hugged, and, yes, even kissed by the President of the United States. Along with the President, there was Vice-President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, and General and Mrs Colin Powell.
    'They were all wonderful. They held my hand, offered condolences, gave warm hugs, and were extremely compassionate and genuinely sad for my loss, as I fought back tears and tried to project an image of strength to honor my SEAL son.'"

16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +773 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

17. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +456 / 64 / -35

#32 Jersey

18. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Reading through all the comments, the 'balls' comment was not brilliant, but could be explained. The 'retard' comment can never be explained and if one tries to, the hole just becomes deeper.
    If you had to choose a 'gaffe' between the two, it's not even close (and yes, we all make gaffes).

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,118 / 3 / -10

The "sleezebags" in this White House are getting big money from The Filthy LEFT WING Hollywood Wife Swappers so they have to kiss their ass and try to "Talk Like Them"

Now DiNero, Pesci, Tom Hanks and the rest of them will say "Joe's a good guy, he's one of us"

I wish I could use some of my dirty words on here, I have something to say to Old Windbag Biden.

THE WHOLE OBAMA WHITE HOUSE NEEDS TO BE FUMIGATED

20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +773 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I probably wouldn't wait for Biden to say it himself, I'd have beat him to it.