• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Time to be honest. Did you, in you wildest of dreams,think that our draft would go the way it did?

I will admit, I spent many hours reseaching defensive player. Sure I paid attention to the offensuve players so they weren't unknown to me. But, my board was heavy in LB/DE's, CB, WR, and aTE toward the end and a RB toward the end.

So, the question is: Did you get BB'ed by this draft.

yes and no

i had four of our first six picks going to offence (RB, WR, WR, C),

but i also had the other two being LBs (Havner and Dobbins) - one of whom is still available and the other went in the sixth i think, so what do i know.

PATSNUTme said:
Time to be honest. Did you, in you wildest of dreams,think that our draft would go the way it did?

I will admit, I spent many hours reseaching defensive player. Sure I paid attention to the offensuve players so they weren't unknown to me. But, my board was heavy in LB/DE's, CB, WR, and aTE toward the end and a RB toward the end.

So, the question is: Did you get BB'ed by this draft.

I totally got BBed on this one. Like you, I spent so much time researching DB's and LB/DE.

I also spent some time looking at late round hidden gem O-line players. Saying that, I like the 2 O-line players they picked up in the 5th and 6th.

100% BB'd and SP'd. I had this draft all wrong but i'm very pleased with the value we got.

I expected a WR and a TE in the first three rounds - with RB in the 3rd or 4th round and a kicker (or two) in the 6th and 7th rounds

Not seeing a defensive player drafted until the 6th round was NOT something anyone could have expected

Last edited:
This not untypical Patriots draft is why I don't spend a lot of time studying the prospects ahead of the draft, other than the top 20 or 30 or so. I have no clue who the Pats brass are going to take so I just take it as it comes and am happy when it works out on the field.

I was BB'd. now I need a cigarette.;)

I don't know if I like it, check with me in February.

I seem to always get BB'ed by the draft, but i usually end up liking it!

Box_O_Rocks said:
I don't know if I like it, check with me in February.

We are just talking about the way the draft went - not how the players will perform.

The draft is a crap shoot and no one knows exactly what they are going to get until training camp and the season starts.

Come on Box, stick your neck out. No one will laugh at you except about 25 people.

Ahriman said:
100% BB'd and SP'd. I had this draft all wrong but i'm very pleased with the value we got.
Well put, this sums up my take also.

It appears that one voter is maybe not being completely honest.

I'll take that back if he can show where, either on this board or on the draft forum, he posted that we would have an "offensive draft."

I know nothing about college players and am not a draftnik but as in every year past, the one thing I knew was that the draft would go counter to the draft analysts' predictions. OK, the one predictable item besides inherent unpredictability is BB's propensity to draft TEs.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would say that no defensive players until Round 6 and just the one trade certainly surprsied me.

I was previously adamant that he would not go with a RB or WR in the first round. . .Obviously, he fooled me (as well as many of the so-called "expert" sportswriters out there). I couldn't believe the trade until I saw it, but as soon as it happened, I realized what he was doing. Chad Jackson was a steal.

Actually, I predicted rb, wr in the first two rounds, mostly because everyone was saying that all the value was on the d side of the ball. I just saw rb's dropping predraft & thought it would just be so Belichickian to go for one. Then wr in two was more of a need/ value. In honesty though my picks were DeAngelo & Greg Jennings (who ironically went in our #52 spot). Two TE's, one K, and an OT later I had my head in my hands as did most of us "draftniks". I did like Mincey, though I didn't have him on my final draft sheet. Once again, in typical belichick draft fashion, I went 0 - 10.

Last edited:
I had Marouney the best back after Bush hands down but never thought BB/SP would pull the trigger on a RB at #21..... Assumed CD, KF, Pass and maybe sign a FA.... So I shelved the idea of a Marouney in favor of a Lawson who oddly enough was there. SF practically jumped out of their seats to get Lawson at #22....

I had an inkling they would take Moroney, but not to replace Dillon this year. Just to learn under Corey for a season or two and then take over.

I think Dillon is going to have a HUGE year for us this year.

On the other hand, I was shocked they didn't go more defense - at least one LB and one CB!

As rich as this draft was in both of those positions, I thought they would want to start shoring up in those areas.

They must know something I don't about potential free agents, etc., because I do not see how we can go into this season with our current LB crew...

ADPF

Last edited:
I don't college FB that closly and react to what is written by others. I view the draft as BB telling what HE thinks about the roster and what is needed to be successful the next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back