PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did we sandbag Maroney after Morris injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
When Morris went down in the Dallas game. We knew it would be a long season. Given Maroney's performance the last 5-6 games it's curious he didn't see the ball more in games 6-12. Were we saving him for when it really mattered?

I don't know, but today's performance confirmed his Jacksonville performance. Maroney's a big-game back, a real stud.

I would have to say YES. He really didn't any ANYONE left but Maroney so BB may have saved him.
Maybe we pick up another RB for depth next year.

We did save Maroney but that doesn't mean he is amazing yet. If Maroney can learn to be patient at the line, maybe build up some muscle this offseason, he could become a great RB because once that guy breaks out in the clear, he's gone.

Physically he may not have been ready either at that point.

We did save Maroney but that doesn't mean he is amazing yet. If Maroney can learn to be patient at the line, maybe build up some muscle this offseason, he could become a great RB because once that guy breaks out in the clear, he's gone.

i think he just needs to develop SOME strength. Hes tough to bring down for a kid who doesnt look like hes 220-225. He did have a shoulder injury that limited him a lot in the weight room this off season but hes surprisingly strong and his speed is gamebreaking

I would have to say YES. He really didn't any ANYONE left but Maroney so BB may have saved him.
Maybe we pick up another RB for depth next year.

Sammy's coming back, everything will be fine. No need to sweat out a draft or trade over this.

i really dont think bill is one to hold back in ANY game, nevermind half the damned season! maroney was definantly "saved", but not in that way. it just worked out like that naturally. it is nice to have a good back nice and fresh for the playoffs though

imagine how good our running game will be if both maroney and morris can stay healthy for a full season?

share the load wisely and have both fresh for the playoffs.... no matter the weather our offense will be unstoppable

imagine how good our running game will be if both maroney and morris can stay healthy for a full season?

share the load wisely and have both fresh for the playoffs.... no matter the weather our offense will be unstoppable

have you watched a game this season? our offense already IS UNSTOPPABLE!:D

"imagine how good our running game will be if both maroney and morris can stay healthy for a full season?

share the load wisely and have both fresh for the playoffs.... no matter the weather our offense will be unstoppable"

I know we all feel great about our offense. Lets please go defense this draft.
We seen the last 2 weeks, you need D to win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes