PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did we just use the poison pill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to Jackson.....I think you may be wrong.....I am starting to feel like this guy is never going to live up to expectations here....or in the NFL.....could be a TC cut......I think if he was going to make it....he would have shown SOMETHING special last year......and although I was pulling for him,,,,,,IT never quite came......I think that as a rook....you either show that something special AT LEAST a few times during their rookie season....and then come on strong the next etc......Jackson has shown that he can get EASILY INJURED....and when he did get in there....has proven that HE STRUGGLED GETTING SEPERATION and getting open......I was one of his biggest proponents this year.....now I am thinking he may be a minor role player if not a "cut".....one man's opinion....hope I am wrong.....

They're going to cut someone of Jackson's ability in TC because he was injured his rookie year?

How do you think this stuff up?

This whole 'Union accusing collusion' stuff is crap. It was a PFT theory and a stupid one. I don't think division rivals would ever consider signing a guy to an offer sheet that it knows his team can match. An arbitrator would laugh the union out of the building if they tried to claim that.
Thats the way I see it.

The talk of Gay got me thinking...who is to say the Pats are willing to do this because they have heard/know that someone with a better second round pick (better than #60 over all) is planning on putting together a poison-pill-filled contract for Gay?

Likely the Jets.

In regards to Jackson.....I think you may be wrong.....I am starting to feel like this guy is never going to live up to expectations here....or in the NFL.....could be a TC cut......I think if he was going to make it....he would have shown SOMETHING special last year......and although I was pulling for him,,,,,,IT never quite came......I think that as a rook....you either show that something special AT LEAST a few times during their rookie season....and then come on strong the next etc......Jackson has shown that he can get EASILY INJURED....and when he did get in there....has proven that HE STRUGGLED GETTING SEPERATION and getting open......I was one of his biggest proponents this year.....now I am thinking he may be a minor role player if not a "cut".....one man's opinion....hope I am wrong.....

Easily injured? How do you know easily injured he is? He proved that he was a rookie WR in a complicated offense and that he got injured and struggled to come back. Hell I'm not even a huge fan of Sir Tightness and I think this is ridiculously short-sighted.

Well, we can still possibly draft a good receiver (just not w/ our #2). This will be an ugly deal...

Cut Jackson ? Hardly.

In some order, Caldwell, Gaffney, Brown, Welker, Jackson will be our 5 WR. If Troy chooses to retire then someone else will move into that spot.

Sorry to ask but what is the poison pill? I've never heard of it before. And don't worry there are definate phony years in there, because while Welker is good he isn't worth all that AND a second round pick.

Lately, the poison pill thats been used is guaranteeing all the RFA's contract should his former team match. So, in this case, Miami would have to give Welker all 38 Million to keep him, but NE does not have guarantee that amount if Welker in a Pat.

The same contract was used last year on Minny's Nate Burelson and Seattle's Steve Hutchison.

Dirty pool? Yes, but it is Miami there dealing with here.

Ah Danny me boy, your thick Mick inability to understand anything about the cap or Kraft is the stuff of USENET legend.

I find it amazing that the Pats spend to the "cap" each year but somehow have a middle of the pack payroll.

Go figure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes