PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Warren hint a Phifer return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.courant.com/sports/footb...20,0,7828930.story?coll=hc-headlines-football

Patriots defensive end Ty Warren says former teammate Roman Phifer, 38, whom the Patriots did not attempt to re-sign after the 2004 season, is still in great shape, living in Los Angeles and ready to play if he gets a call from an NFL team. "Every time I talk to him," Warren said, "he's either on his way to work out or just back from working out." Phifer is only 10 months older than linebacker Junior Seau, whom the Patriots signed Friday.

Honestly, I think one AARP-eligible LB is enough.

:)

Unless the injury bug strikes again.

That, my friends, is what you call a Shadow Roster... a f-ing deep Shadow Roster.

Last edited:
I would LOVE to see Phifer play for us again. Anywhere other than the world of pro football, 38 is considered a young man. With all the advancements in training, nutrition and medical technology, I see no reason football players can't play into their late thirties and maybe even early forties.

JackBauer said:
Honestly, I think one AARP-eligible LB is enough.

:)

Unless the injury bug strikes again.

Just began reading the game threads, so pardon me if this is up elsewhere.

The NFL Network edition of the broadcast showed a graphic that the Patriots employ
two of the five oldest active players - Seau and Chad Brown.
Unremarked by the announcers was that the Pats also recently had employed
2 of the remaining 3 - Washington and Traylor.

Maybe the Pats can get Jerry Rice to do the sign,retire,sign with us as well and end our wr woes.

NEM said:
Seau and Brown get theirs this year....

Given that Brown is not getting on the field, and TBC stepping it up hard. Brown is rapidly becoming expendable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree..shadow roster..he is all ready and may be called upon..possibly if things do not get straightened out in a few weeks. I did see a graphic..didn't know exactly what they were talking about as the volume was way down..
Chad Brown...his wrist/hand injury is being played down..I think he will have a solid year at OLB...which should make things really interesting..a tough LB corps this year!!

Steve Largent has kept himself in good shape as well and deserves a shot at a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes