PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Ty Warren Change His Number As a Rookie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
He's been 94 as long as I can remember but the other day I say someone wearing a number 92 Pats jersey that said Warren on the back. IIRC the last guy to wear 92 was Ted Washington. Maybe it was a personalized jersey but I was just wondering if Warren had 92 for a period of time out of curiousity.

Madden 04 he was 92 so he probably did. The person who was 94 on Madden was Ken Kocher.

When Washington was acquired, Warren ceded his number to Washington with extreme grace. His stated attitude was "Money? I don't need to be paid to switch. I'm just lucky to have him around to learn from."

I forget whether or not he scored a fancy watch or something out of the deal anyway.

Warren was a rookie in '03, right? Ted Washington was #92 that year, but when did Ted join the team? Was it before training camp began? If Ted joined during training camp, maybe Warren started off as #92 and then switched to #94 once Ted came aboard. I'm pretty sure Warren stayed #94 thereafter, even once Ted left after the '03 season.

Edit: Cross-posted with Fencer.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
Yea, Warren was 92 for a very short amount of time, and switched over to 94. I've seen those Warren 92 jerseys before, and didn't buy them because that isn't what he wears now. but, now that I think about it they could be worth money some day because they should be at least somewhat rare.

It's funny that his first choice was 92, cuz he was 94 in college.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwww.jpg

When Washington was acquired, Warren ceded his number to Washington with extreme grace. His stated attitude was "Money? I don't need to be paid to switch. I'm just lucky to have him around to learn from."

And that is why Ty Warren is a STUD. He has his head on straight and knows his priorities. He sounds a lot like Al Jefferson, when he gave his number up to Antoine Walker and simply asked for advice on how to get better.

Warren wore 94 in college and I believe someone else had it that preseason, which is why he wore 92. Washington wore 60 that preseason, I believe whoever was 94 got cut which ended up setting up the domino effect with Warren back to 94 and washington to 92

I love that NE has all these big ole' Boys on the D-Line. I'm thinking NE should add to that with Justin Harrell....Oh, and he wears 92....

Harrell,%20Justin.jpg

Justin%20Harrell.jpg

30575vol137.jpg

Warren wore 94 in college and I believe someone else had it that preseason, which is why he wore 92. Washington wore 60 that preseason, I believe whoever was 94 got cut which ended up setting up the domino effect with Warren back to 94 and washington to 92
Yup. Ken Kocher was #94, and it was him getting cut that started the domino effect.

Did wilfork wear 74 for awhile because I saw someone wearing a wilfork 74 jersey.

MavFan has a picture in his sig of Warren wearing 92.

I got Ty Warren's autograph at training camp during his rookie season and he wrote the number 92 next to his signature. So yes, he was 92.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes